• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Wheel Travel vs. RE Superflex vs. RE Superride?

I would say go through and take a look at the 'readers rigs' pictures thread and just have a gander at what people are flexing. A lot of it depends on too many variables like tire size, trimmed? sway bars? AAL?etc....

my guess would go

stock least
superride more
superflex most

based on the fact that stock, im saying you got both swaybars on, so your not going anywhere
superride doesnt come with disconnects so its minimal
superflex has discos and anyone whos gonna wheel would take out the rear bar anyways...

I have the superride and the only difference is the LCAs (that and you don't get discos).

Honestly, mine flexed great. Enough to rub on the fenders at full stuff with my tire/wheel setup (31x10.50 Kumho MTs on 15x8 Soft 8s 4" BS) and the swaybar discod. It comes with new sway bar links, you just have to unbolt the bottom nut and tie them up (takes like 5 minutes).

To me, I haven't noticed much of a smoother ride than my buddy with the Superflex version. Deciding on which one to get is more of a street/trail driving ratio

If you DD your jeep more than ride trails, the Superride is fine.

If your rig sees more trail time than street time, get the Superflex or you'll eat up the rubber bushings on the Superride LCAs.

One thing to consider is the weak control arm mounts on the d30. With the Superflex there will be less bind and possibly less of a chance of tearing off or damaging the mounts. I have been running the Superflex for a little over a year with no troubles and it sees mostly road miles. I did notice a small increase in noise and vibration with the Superflex over my old rubber bushing control arms.

00Classic said:
One thing to consider is the weak control arm mounts on the d30. With the Superflex there will be less bind and possibly less of a chance of tearing off or damaging the mounts. I have been running the Superflex for a little over a year with no troubles and it sees mostly road miles. I did notice a small increase in noise and vibration with the Superflex over my old rubber bushing control arms.

I've wheeled on my Superride LCAs for pushing a little over 2 years, never done anything to the LCA mounts and I've flexed it out countless times.

The only weaker part is the binding does increase the wear on the rubber bushings.

Back