• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running 33x12.5 on 15x7s?

stoneattic

NAXJA Forum User

I know that the recommended rim width is a minimum of 8", but these will be trail only tires. I have another set for daily driving and these would only be used to drive to the Rausch Creek, wheel, and back (about 1 1/2 hour trip each way). Is anyone out there doing this?

thx

Last edited:
stoneattic said:

I know that the recommended rim width is a minimum of 8", but these will be trail only tires. I have another set for daily driving and these would only be used to drive to the Rausch Creek, wheel, and back (about 1 1/2" trip each way). Is anyone out there doing this?

thx

If you are only drive 1 1/2 inches you will be fine!

Unfortunately not. I forgot all about it and made plans.

I was hoping to avoid buying wheels because (long convoluted story):

I'm currently running 33x10.5 ATs for daily driving but picking up a pair of 33x12.5 MTs for wheeling because I chewed up some of those tires you pick from wheeling with my DD tires and I don't want to do that to these pretty much new ATs. I'm running factory sport wheels now with wheel spacers, so if I get 15x8 steelies I'll need 4" BS, which means that when I switch from ATs to MTs I'll need to pull the spacers, which is just a lot of lugs and my air compressor doesn't have enoughs balls to break lose properly tightened lugs. And because I'm old and lazy.

15x8 rims are tight/narrow - good for offroad but at the low end of the 'recommended' rim widths. I wouldn't do 12.5 on a 7" wide rim.

I run 285 wide (metric - 11.2") tyres on 16x7s and that's as far as I'd want to push it - some places refused to mount them for me (legal issues, insurance...)

Back