• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Potential Problem with Ruffstuff 14 Bolt Brake Brackets......

Dan Fredrickson

NAXJA Forum User
Well here is the problem, short and simple.

We had the last batch (200 pair) of 14 Bolt Brake Brackets made at a local shop instead of the normal shop that was having trouble keeping up with the demand. I sent the laser file to them and they had made them before, but before we began making them bent. The file I sent did not mesh with their software and the bend lines did not automatically correct for the distance of the Caliper Pins from center like mine does.

The result is that the last 30-35 pair we have shipped could have the Caliper Pin 3/16” holes too low on the bracket, they will hit the rotor and are not useable. I say could because they were stacked right alongside the remaining brackets from the previous batch, we are still sorting them to see how many were shipped.

I will be calling everyone I believe may have been affected starting tomorrow morning. If you think yours were affected please call us and I can rush them out. We will begin sending replacements tomorrow morning with a preprinted return envelope to send the others back and a coupon good for 20% off on your next purchase, this coupon will not expire.

I am very sorry for this problem, we have over 4000 pair of these in use now and something like this tears me up but it is entirely my fault for trusting a computer and not checking them before they left the shop.

Dan, I am going to temporarily sticky this thread so it doesn't get lost. Please remind me to remove the sticky in a week or so when you have this straitened out.

Also, you should maybe cross post this in our 'advanced fabrication' forum as those who run 1 ton axles typically read that forum a lot.

-Cal

MoparManiac said:
Damn talk about customer service!!!

No joke!

bender-applause.gif

Billy

very rare to see anyone proactively tackle issues...bravo Dan!

We got all of the replacement brackets out in the mail today, some of you more local guys should see them tommorrow and the rest Monday......thanks for all of the support!

There were a total of 36 people affected, I had to leave messages with 8-9 but got through to the rest today, gotta love cell phones!

Back