• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quadra Drive in Cherokee

JoePhoto

NAXJA Forum User
Did Jeep ever put a Quadra Drive in a Cheokee ... or was it only in the Grand ???

And do you know specifically what years/engines it was in the Grand ???

(I think the first year may have been 99 but ONLY with V8 engine ??? ... (4.7 and/or 5.2 ????)

If that is true ... was it later available with the 4.0 in 2000 ??? .... (later ???)

Is it possible to get one from a wrecked Grand and install in a Cheorkee ??? ... (maybe a 94 or 95) ???

Last edited:
I think the quadra trac uses the ABS and the factory limited slip differentials to do its job. I have heard it works very well but damn that would be way way to much work lol. Just buy you a pair of true-tracs or lockers and save the frustration.

JoePhoto said:
Did Jeep ever put a Quadra Drive in a Cheokee ... or was it only in the Grand ???

Is it possible to get one from a wrecked Grand and install in a Cheorkee ??? ... (maybe a 94 or 95) ???
The Quadra-Drive only came in the Grands, 99+. I'm not sure about it's availability with the 4.0l WJs.
The Quadra Drive system is a mechanical system that would involve swapping in the t-case and both axles from the WJ.

You'd be dollars and sense ahead by just installing lockers instead.

JEEPZZ said:
The Quadra-Drive only came in the Grands, 99+. I'm not sure about it's availability with the 4.0l WJs.
The Quadra Drive system is a mechanical system that would involve swapping in the t-case and both axles from the WJ.

You'd be dollars and sense ahead by just installing lockers instead.

keep the front open (maybe LSD), and lock the rear. swap in a np242 if you dont already have one. and you will be good on the road. if you locked the front with a np242, your tires will always want to be going straight, they would fight you when turning.

-Tim

Back