• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone Know Serp Belt Number To Put On Without Ac On A 4.0 95 Cherokee

95cherjustin

NAXJA Forum User
Winter is coming no need for AC, less drag on motor anyone know of a serp belt part number to re route the serp belt without the AC, I also can re-route with the fan pulley too becuase i run a electric cooling fan now too?

Any idesa would be great thanks!!

95 xj 4.0

I want to delete the AC, delete the fan pulley and delete the idler pulley, it can be done. just wanted to see if someone has done it and what size belt they used???

So in the end belt goes around water pump, crank, alt, and power steering thats it

On an non a/c cherokee there is another idler pulley in place of the a/c, not a shorter belt.

Your belt routes a certian way to turn the accessories the correct direction; donn't mess with it. The gains you're thinking you'll get are miniscule if at all there.

Yeah, I looked into this before also. Due to the position of the alternator, the only advisable way to do it is to put the dummy pully from a non-A/C XJ in place of your compressor...however there is no point in that since your compressor should be free-wheeling when the A/C is off anyhow

If for some reason your A/C clutch is not frewheeling try disconnecting the plug on the top of the drier/evaporator - It may throw a code that way though.

If you try to do this with a shorter belt, the water pump & alternator will run backwards. You either need a delete pulley, or relocate your alternator. Run an advanced search, there is much info on this.

Back