• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

16" Junkyard rims

RenegadeStang

NAXJA Forum User
Besides Ranger and Explorer, any other rims out there that'll fit right on with the 5x4.5 BP and less BS than stock Jeep? What about Escape and many of the Ford cars ie Mustang?

RenegadeStang said:
Ok, help me out here. LOL

On the link that silver posted, offset is in H,M and L. Is an offset of L what I'm looking for with low BS?

When you select a make it explains the offsets up top. L= typically 0 offset, M= +20 offset but that should get you in the ballpark.

HTeK said:
That should be true for 2wd trucks ONLY. Most toyotas (i.e. 4wd) are 6x5.5.

Really? Thats what you had to add? Why not add your wisdom to the comment about Mustangs? They made 4 lug stangs for MANY years. Oh, wait, you're probably too young to know that.

BTW. MOST toyota trucks are 2WD. Look into it.

silverslk said:
Really? Thats what you had to add? Why not add your wisdom to the comment about Mustangs? They made 4 lug stangs for MANY years.

I hate to derail this thread anymore, but since you insist on being an unbearable dickhead; I will make an exception.

You made a claim, that claim wasn't factually correct. I am sorry for correcting your false statement. From here on out, I will allow bad information to proliferate the internet as to not piss off anyone.

I didn't comment about mustangs because I don't know anything about them. Unlike some people I make it a rule to not speak to things that I don't know about. If I do make comments, and it turns out I am wrong - I accept that fact and I don't get bent out of shape.

silverslk said:
Oh, wait, you're probably too young to know that.

What makes you think that you have any idea how old I am? For all you know, I could be 17 or 45 - you don't have a clue. And your implication that you cannot be smart unless your old is ridiculous.

silverslk said:
BTW. MOST toyota trucks are 2WD. Look into it.

You may very well be correct; its certainly not true in my experience.

Get your panties out of that wad and relax - its just the internet.

HTeK said:
What makes you think that you have any idea how old I am? For all you know, I could be 17 or 45 - you don't have a clue.

1982 = 26 years old. Who doesn't have a clue? Thought you didnt speak on things you didn't know? :twak: :conceited

Also, correcting the 2wd or 4wd info proved what? He will be at the junk yard. I think he can count and if he finds a 4wd and it has six lugs.....hopefully he won't buy them to put on his XJ. haha

And this is why I don't post many answers in Modified. Too many people trying to show what they know rather than help someone out.

Last edited:
silverslk said:
When you select a make it explains the offsets up top. L= typically 0 offset, M= +20 offset but that should get you in the ballpark.

Yes, but the problem is I don't understand offset. Is offset the opposite of BS? If a vehicle has less BS, then it has more offset? I don't know.

Another explanation of BS and offset can be found here: http://www.fourwheeler.com/techarticles/wheels/129_0602_wheel_backspacing_etiquette/index.html

silverslk said:
1982 = 26 years old. Who doesn't have a clue? Thought you didnt speak on things you didn't know?

Congrats supersleuth, you got me. I fully underestimated your desire to inflate your ego by attempting to make me look bad. And honestly, your nine years older than me... that somehow makes you wise and all knowing?

silverslk said:
Also, correcting the 2wd or 4wd info proved what? He will be at the junk yard. I think he can count and if he finds a 4wd and it has six lugs.....hopefully he won't buy them to put on his XJ.

Hmmm... it didn't prove anything. But it did PROVIDE additional HELPFUL information. Unlike some people, I am not trying to impress anybody or "prove" anything. I'm not sure why you felt so threatened by my correction - I wasn't attacking you or your superior knowledge. Simply trying to make sure this guy wasn't going to waste his time at the JY.

silverslk said:
And this is why I don't post many answers in Modified. Too many people trying to show what they know rather than help someone out.

Funny you mention that... that's exactly what you were doing after you got butthurt about my correction. I don't post much either, but its mostly because of people like you.

I am done. After all, arguing on the internet is like...... well, you know how the rest goes. I apologize to RenegadeStang for posting this useless crap in his thread.

Chevy S10, Camaro, and Corvette are also 5 on 4.5

What good is arguing about 4 lug rims when the OP is asking about 5 lug rims? :dunno:

A good question is of those other 5 on 4.5's, which ones will bolt right on w/o hub interference(I've heard some mustang wheels need to have the centers machined a bit to fit on the Jeep--similar to enlarging the hole in the backing plates of the zj disc swap)?

IslanderOffRoad said:
Chevy S10, Camaro, and Corvette are also 5 on 4.5

I believe thier bolt pattern is slightly larger than 5x4.5.

ManBearPig said:
In my experience working at a tire shop, ranger wheels have a smaller centerbore than jeep wheels and wont mount on the hub properly.
The center-bore is one bit of info that seems hard to find.
If anyone knows where to find this info ..... could you please post a link?

Back