• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wagoneer d44 pattern change?

SourApple

NAXJA Forum User
i read the faq about the axles and i want to know if i get a wagoneer 44 is there a way to change it to 5 on 4.5 with out spacers? thanks

SourApple said:
i read the faq about the axles and i want to know if i get a wagoneer 44 is there a way to change it to 5 on 4.5 with out spacers? thanks
Front or back? Or both?

For the back you might be able to get new shafts made, or some companies make dual pattern shafts. Im not sure if thats availible off the shelf for waggy rear. Get the drums welded up, and redrilled for the right bolt pattern.

Front. I seem to recall using dodge outers. But you would still have to use a unit bearing. Not sure which years it is though.

80 & earlier 1/2 ton Dodge trucks & Ramcharger outers have a 4 1/2" pattern but you have step up to an expensive Warn hub kit to do away with the unit bearing. You should be able to have the rears drilled & resplined if the center of the hub isn't too big . A 6 lug wheel has about a 4" center hole so that might screw you up.

Back