• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bed liner'ed the back of the jeep today!!

squidd

NAXJA Forum User
Spent day one of the strike putting a coating of do it your self bedliner a la walmart $45 special. Used a can of their spray on for the seams and then used the roller for the rest. Went all the way up to the cross brace just under the rear seat and 8 inches up the sides under the trim. Looks pretty good. Now I can make dump trips and just hose it out and if I swamp it no biggie.

liner2.jpg

liner4.jpg

liner3.jpg

Had my bottle of gear oil leak in the back a while ago and I was getting sick of the smell of 90W. I always thought the stuff smells like dead fish :)

Looks Outstanding!!! Great job!! Have you done the underside yet??

Looks sick

the hosing out of the inside isnt as smooth as you would expect. I drove mine up on some rocks to angle it towards the back and it just puddled at thre rear plastic moulding. I ended up putting drain holes in certain areas now.

did you remove the plastic panels first? looks great!

edit: reread your post. missed that.

edit2: you said you got the liner at walmart. what was the brand?

The liner brand was Plasti-kote, came in a kit with the roller brush, tray, paint brush, scotch brite and a 1 gallon can of the stuff. I put about 6 coats on and still have 1/2 a can. I was thinking about doing the wheel wells with whats left...

Looks great! That turned out perfect!

I have bedliner in the back of my XJ as well, but I think mine varies a little bit from yours ;)

rockrails001.jpg

Hey,

I like that storage bin you have built in there. That would be nice to keep all the wheeling stuff.

Thanks, just welded in a ammo can, I used to get them for free on base. the invertor and battery tray is also welded in solid so nothing will come flying at me incase of a roll. I have a sealed battery compartment also so it wont leak or release gas inside.

Back