• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good things come in threes!!!

SCW

NAXJA Forum User
First that jackass Olberman got booted off the anchor position at pMSNBC with Mathews.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/0...-matthews-booted-from-political-night-duties/

Now the Drunken Senator Kennedy is out of the Senate after finding a small portion of brain among the tumor on his shoulders!!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cq/20080908/pl_cq_politics/politics2945041

I can't wait for #3, I'm really hoping that Obama announces that he is pregnant with Bidens love child and has decided to continue his campaign under the NABLA banner, where he really feels more comfortable.

Thank god...every time I see or hear Keith Olberman talk, I want to throw a brick at the TV. He is the entire reason I put MSNBC on my "block" list, just so I dont have to scroll by that channel. What a piece of shit.

I'd pay to see Ann Coulter kick his ass...

As far as media bias goes, in my personal opinion Fox and MSNBC are tied for the worst. But however you feel about this, this is an interesting read. Skip down to the Studies and Reports section, I found that really interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_Channel_controversies

But, by far, this is the funniest paragraph to me:

A 2007 Pew Research Center poll of viewer political knowledge indicated that Fox News Channel viewers scored 35% in the high-knowledge area, the same as the national average. This was not significantly different than local news, network news and morning news, and was slightly lower than CNN (41%). Viewers of The O'Reilly Factor (51%) scored in the high category along with Rush Limbaugh (50%), NPR (51%), major newspapers (54%), Newshour with Jim Lehrer (53%) The Daily Show (54%) and The Colbert Report (54%).[36]

I think it's hilarious that the Colbert Report and The Daily Show have the highest ratings of politically knowledgable viewers.

Oh jeez... how do they define "politically knowledgable"? Watching The Daily Show and The Colbert Report?

I swear John Steward and Steven Colbert have the easiest jobs in the world. As long as they can wedge in a couple "Bush/Cheney regime" comments and a couple dumb Bush gaffes and the audience goes wild. They have to rely on humor to get their points across because if they relied on facts, or tried to debate the issues, they'd lose horribly. And it's not the fact that they serve up mindless fodder for idiot liberals who do and believe whatever's popular. That part I could care less about. It's the attitude that they have that they're these ultra-smart, intellectual, whitty commentators that are so above and beyond all the dumb redneck midwestern conservatives that pisses me off.

I think that they're pretty funny. Colbert more than Stewart. But I doubt that they deemed someone politically knowledgeable simply based on the fact that they watch those shows. Probably just asked them a battery of questions to test their political knowledge.

But anyway, I really think Fox News should come out with a calender featuring their hottest anchors. Some of them are smokin!

But here, fixed it for you. :D

PurpleCherokee said:
As long as O'Reilly and Hannity can wedge in a couple "Crazy Liberal" comments and a couple dumb Obama gaffes and their viewers go wild. They have to rely on spin and limited disclosure to get their points across because if they relied on facts, or tried to debate the issues, they'd lose horribly. And it's not the fact that they serve up mindless fodder for idiot conservatives who do and believe whatever's told to them by Fox. That part I could care less about. It's the attitude that they have that they're these ultra-smart, intellectual, whitty commentators that are so above and beyond all the EVIL Democrats that pisses me off.

I can't stand Colbert, he's a pompous jackass. I do like Jon Stewart though.

IslanderOffRoad said:

I've always preferred Benny Hill myself... :D :D :D

IslanderOffRoad said:

That's part of his character.

PurpleCherokee said:
Oh jeez... how do they define "politically knowledgable"? Watching The Daily Show and The Colbert Report?

I swear John Steward and Steven Colbert have the easiest jobs in the world. As long as they can wedge in a couple "Bush/Cheney regime" comments and a couple dumb Bush gaffes and the audience goes wild. They have to rely on humor to get their points across because if they relied on facts, or tried to debate the issues, they'd lose horribly. And it's not the fact that they serve up mindless fodder for idiot liberals who do and believe whatever's popular. That part I could care less about. It's the attitude that they have that they're these ultra-smart, intellectual, whitty commentators that are so above and beyond all the dumb redneck midwestern conservatives that pisses me off.

You just described 90% of the entertainment industry.:laugh2: :laugh2:

:thumbup:

buschwhaked said:
That's part of his character.

I know, but I tend to find it more obnoxious than funny. We get it. Politicial commentators act like they know everything.

Cobert is funny as hell. I think Stewart wants to be serious sometimes but he just can't since these politicians make it so easy for him.
Didn't he go off the handle on some CNN guys a year or two ago?

I think its funny that Colbert got shit on by "his own party" in South Carolina....I guess Obama viewed him as a threat :D

Back