• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pic of my egr valve, can anyone identify this?

tonexj

NAXJA Forum User
egrvalve.jpg

this is top view, standing on the driver side looking over into the engine bay right under my air intake big tube. i know a line from the vacuum block goes to the egr valve but im not sure which, i just hooked up the last one i had hanging but im wondering if anyone could shed some light. 89' 4.0L xj laredo

If the hose connects to the EGR valve than it is the EGR pressure transducer.

It senses when the exhaust has enough pressure to allow sufficient flow thru the EGR valve for proper operation.

Yep, what poorboy said.

There's a diaphram inside that sometimes goes bad and affects EGR operation. Bad news is that it's not available separately from the EGR valve.

Saudade said:
Yep, what poorboy said.

There's a diaphram inside that sometimes goes bad and affects EGR operation. Bad news is that it's not available separately from the EGR valve.
Good news is that they is at least 2 in every junkyard I have been to.

yeah im not really asking how to replace it im wondering which vacuum line is supposed to hook up to that, the connection on the front side of the valve

Here is a diagram of where the hoses should go:

So it should go from the vacuum tree on the intake manifold to the vacuum block, then to the egr solenoid beside the air box. From the egr solinoid back to the vacuum block, an finally from the vacuum block to the port on the diagram labelled 'vacuum signal in from egr solenoid'.

whats the vacuum block? the vac tree on my manifold has one hose that isnt connected to anything and also this egr thing has none hooked up. didnt know if they went together

The large black multiple hose connector taking up most of this photo is what I was calling the vacuum block. Hopefully it is the right terminology.

The vacuum tree is at the bottom of the photo:

okay maple ditch so now i have a line coming from the passenger side of that block connecting to the egr port nearest the front of my rig, is that correct?

No, I don't think that sounds right. I drew a sketch of where the hoses should go, but my penmanship isn't so great.

If this doesn't work for you, might I suggest you peek under someones hood that has the same year as you. You may find one in the junkyard or somplace.

Back