• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

water leaking inside

bigglew

NAXJA Forum User
Today I was driving in the rain and felt some water dripping on to my left leg and foot. Does anyone have an idea of how water is getting inside with all of the windows up. I have a 89 XJ I wasn't if this might be a common problem or not.

thanx for the help

I have a 99 and have a similar situation. I traced it back to the windshield. It seems to leak around the seal on the bottom drivers side and down in back of the dash onto my leg. Does anyone know how to reseal a windshield? I think the problem developed after some rough off roading.

Make sure the rain gutter is sound, mine leaks around the D/S window in the car wash because the rain gutter has a hole in it. Don't ask me how I got a hole there I am good at things like that

leaking rainwater

hello.
After a few years i find out that my 92 XJ is leeking on the firewall
under the electric connector . Prevent by barriers that water is coming into the motorcomp. It works .
greetings from a lonely jeeper in Holland Europe.

If you do find out it is the winshield, you can get some sealant from your local NAPA or speed shop. Stuff comes in a calking gun tube and is made to seal windows. Or you can go to th local auto glass shop and they can try.

I also had water leaking around the windshield. Seems the windshield seal lets go due to age, body flexing, and / or poor initial installation. Glass shop said my windshield was dangerous, actually ready to fall out! The water damaged electronics in my stereo, cruise control before I could stop it. Also have noticed rust around the windshield seal now.

Back