• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Obama's Freudian slip?

Ha, they pulled it...that's why. party1:

He was in an interview saying, "John McCain hasn't questioned my Muslim faith.."

Interviewer says, "Your Christian faith?"

He says, "Yeah, my Christian faith..."

I saw it too. I'm sure he was just tired and thinking about something else, but it is funny. Let's see if the media makes anything of it. I doubt they will, I mean even the interviewer HELPED him with his answer.

I think that means more than Osama's slip. Wait, I just did it too! I said Osama. I must think Obama is the debil! :yelclap:

:viking:

obama_osama.jpg

JohnJohn said:
That's fake right? CNN made that mistake? seriously? DUDE. LOL :roflmao:

:shhh:

CNN Apologizes for Mistaken Headline

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

(01-02) 13:10 PST New York (AP) --

CNN apologized Tuesday for mistakenly promoting a story on the search for Osama bin Laden with the headline "Where's Obama?"

A spokesman for Illinois Sen. Barack Obama said the apology was accepted.

The blunder came Monday evening on Wolf Blitzer's news show "The Situation Room." Both Soledad O'Brien and Blitzer offered separate apologies during CNN's morning show Tuesday.

CNN called it a "bad typographical error" by its graphics department.

"We want to apologize for that bad typo," Blitzer said. "We also want to apologize personally to Sen. Barack Obama. I'm going to be making a call to him later this morning to offer my personal apology."

Tommy Vieto, Obama's press secretary, said he appreciated the bloggers and activists who brought the error to light so quickly and helped make sure it was corrected.

"Though I'd note that the `s' and `b' keys aren't all that close to each other, I assume it was just an unfortunate mistake, and don't think there was any truly malicious intent," Vieto said.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/01/02/entertainment/e114217S82.DTL

CanMan said:
Im sure he's just an idiot.

I DO NOT want a president that is tired and has other things on his mind. :doh:

Like hiding his true religion. :clap:

9/11 wasn't enough for some people, it seems. :doh:

I think it was exactly what he meant to say, but got interrupted by the interviewer. He was agreeing that McCain had not personally and publicly said that he was a Muslim. Maybe he is/was/whatever. Just saying that it comes across (at least to me) differently when viewed in the larger context of the interview.
Don't worry about my vote. While I'm trying to keep an open mind for the next few weeks, I'm starting that it would take something really HUGE for him to get my vote.

kujito said:
Don't worry about my vote. While I'm trying to keep an open mind for the next few weeks, I'm starting that it would take something really HUGE for him to get my vote.

Like being kidnapped by men with black hoods on, weilding AKs and kitana swords/machetes, putting you on your knees in front of a camera and proceeding to ask you who you're going to vote for while holding said weapons to your throat?

Oh damn....did I go too far? :shhh:

I don't know if that would work or not. Usually my response to violence and threats is reciprocal violence or sarcasm. I'd probably reply that I was voting for "Ya momma". Then I'd have no more worries.

BTW. Nice to see that you made it back stateside, even if you did end up in NM. lol
Nothin' like tradin sand for sand huh?

Yep, well, the funny thing is, I was in New Mexico for 4 years before I went to the OTHER desert....now I'm back here...for now :)

At least I'm close to a lot of good wheeling in Las Cruces/Alamogordo/Cloudcroft/Ruidoso....

CanMan said:
He'll want to start flying the Air Force One himself soon.
I bet he's already using Microsoft Flight Sim 10 to practice! :D

Back