• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler 8.25 locker question

epd166

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone make a lunchbox locker for the 8.25 in 29 spline other than the powertrax no-slip? Or is there a minispool option out there? I don't want to weld the rear end but I also don't want to spend $450 on the no-slip.

I've searched for a while now and it gets pretty old when your into it for 45 minutes. So why not shoot out the question knowing your fellow wheeler who knows something about it will quickly answer your question.

Frank Z said:
No, just one of disbelief. That question has been beat to death! Did you even make the slightest attempt at using the search feature? Use the word LOCKER or LunchBox.

Don't be a dick.

No mini-spool option for that diff. No lunchbox locker for the 29-spline, though there's supposed to be an Aussie available any year now. ;)

The no-slip is really the only option besides a selectable locker.

xjtrailrider said:
Full Detroit or True Trac, just 2 more options. I have both and love em'.

Yeah, those too. Not sure why I put in the selectable locker bit, lol. For lunchbox though the no-slip is pretty much it.

epd166 said:
I've searched for a while now and it gets pretty old when your into it for 45 minutes. So why not shoot out the question knowing your fellow wheeler who knows something about it will quickly answer your question.
You got to be kidding me.. You're tired of it after 45 minutes. Many of us have hundreds of hours of searching for answers. So, why don't you help yourself out and do a little more research.
Hasta

Nominated

E

There was also a Detroit EZ-Locker, it was discontinued but you find one used from time to time.

I've got a powertrax and it does a good job...the first time wheeling w/ a lunchbox can be a little un-nerving... pop pop pop pop pop ...

anyway... mine does a little bit of everything from rock to trails ... it's not to back to drive on the road either... just have to let off the gas to get i to turn better...

xjtrailrider said:
Full Detroit or True Trac, just 2 more options. I have both and love em'.

Not to add trash to this thread........

but, where did you find and who has the best price on true tracs for a 8.25 29 spline ?

yikes said:
Not to add trash to this thread........

but, where did you find and who has the best price on true tracs for a 8.25 29 spline ?

I buy everything from Randy's R&P, they are usually close in price to everyone else.

Back