• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for thoughts and suggestions!

xj-sparky

NAXJA Forum User
spent most of the beginning of the year getting everything on the outside of the jeep up to par and would now like to get into the heart of the beast. its the second I6 for this rig. first one croked at 150k and had another put in(65k on this one) it was before i did much work on the jeep myself so i blew tons of money to have it done. anyways, basically i have atleast one bum lifter right now and i'd like to get it real healthy for the winter coming up. hoping it can just be a round the clock weekend deal. im thinking def. a cam and lifters. as far as other goodies to add while its down, thats where id like advice. haven't spent much time researching aftermarket engine parts so thought the guys that have might lend me their knowledge. i know these engines can squeeze out more horses than stock with some work. just wanna hear what ideas to get me headed in the right direction. won't spend crazy money on this fix up in hopes that an engine swap isn't TOO far down the road. thanks for all your guys help, you never disappoint!

Back