• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB Better Radiator for the XJ...

after my stock radiator developed a huge crack, i got a new one from www.radiatorbarn.com. it was about $167 shipped for a csf 3 core all metal radiator.

hth
stewie

I too purchased the 3 core radiator from radiatorbarn.com for $167, about 4 months ago...

It arrived...
Jeep_radiator1.jpg

then 4 months later it...
Jeep_radiator2.jpg

To their credit they are sending me a replacement. And they had very good, friendly, customer service.

chrslefty said:
isnt there a better 2 core out there ?

YES there is!
it woudl be the one I suggested in an earlier post, its Aluminum & plastic & is a factory replacement, those 3 cores are still like the stock ones ALL metal & the cores are smaller so in the end your buying the same raditior :nono:

Aluminum is one of the best metals to dissapate heat... Metal holds onto heat..
I would again recomend that anyone who's intreted or wants to know for them self to talk to Joe @ Absolute Offroad he knows his stuff & he wont BS you into something you dont need.

Sc00by said:
YES there is!
it woudl be the one I suggested in an earlier post, its Aluminum & plastic & is a factory replacement, those 3 cores are still like the stock ones ALL metal & the cores are smaller so in the end your buying the same raditior :nono:

Aluminum is one of the best metals to dissapate heat... Metal holds onto heat..
I would again recomend that anyone who's intreted or wants to know for them self to talk to Joe @ Absolute Offroad he knows his stuff & he wont BS you into something you dont need.

I had these two choices. I specifically asked about tube size, they said the tubes were the same size in both the 2 core and 3 core. Here are the radiator's measurements.

2 Core Core Size: 31 X 10-15/16 X 1-5/16
3 Core Core Size: 31 X 10-15/16 X 1-13/16

So the 3 core is 1/2" wider than the 2 core, at least between the two that radiatorbarn.com sells. I guess the 2 core could be smaller than the factory one.

I use a 2 core all copper unit from ABC Radiator here in Tucson. I have them in 2 of my 4 jeeps and they work VERY well. I spend alot of time in Ft. Mojave AZ where it reaches 120 degrees on a regular basis in the summer and it NEVER gets above 210 on the gauge while idleing up there.

Lata

AZRockRunner said:
I use a 2 core all copper unit from ABC Radiator here in Tucson. I have them in 2 of my 4 jeeps and they work VERY well. I spend alot of time in Ft. Mojave AZ where it reaches 120 degrees on a regular basis in the summer and it NEVER gets above 210 on the gauge while idleing up there.

Lata

How much do they cost?

I think retail they are about 185 or so if I remember right.

I went with an all metal unit because the plastic endcaps in my stock 2 core were showing signs of stress. they were cracking on the outside (not all the way though) at the filler neck and the lower rad hose connection.

I was surprised too, but XJ is in Joe's blood. He just gets a glint in his eye, tells the story of twisting his in half, then spews forth knowledge like nobody's business. Joe's definately still in the XJ game, even if his bread and butter is the JK game now. He can get any part, tell you how to fix anything, and usually he'll tell you how to fix it yourself first before he'll work on it to try and save you some cash...

Didn't mean to hyjack my own thread... but Joe's the best. Hands down.

DPG is out of stock, due in any minute - the manufacturer just isn't making as many. CALL FOR NEW PRICE as the website hasn't been updated.

Radiatorbarn can ship a CSF 3 core for 164.00. All brass tanks, copper core. The closest one for me was Sparks, NV.

Thats about $100 less than a Heatbuster thats has to be ordered. And gets delivered direct.

Radiatorbarn can ship a CSF 3 core for 164.00. All brass tanks, copper core. The closest one for me was Sparks, NV.

Thats about $100 less than a Heatbuster thats has to be ordered. And gets delivered direct.

I haven't been overly impressed with the "two" that I have had in the last 4 months. It works, it just doesn't seem to work like what I would have expected an additional core to do.

Customer service was great at radiatorbarn, so no issues there.

BTW, they told me they are having a harder and harder time finding the all metal radiators. If you want an all metal you might want to get one now.

Back