• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory Lockers

BudNixon

NAXJA Forum User
To some it might sound a bit of a dumb question, but I am going to ask this anyways...

Is there any year XJ that had lockers in the axles put in by the factory... as in new RUBICONS come with air lockers from factory.

I wonder what would be the easiest way to get an axle swap done with my current XJ, just cant figure what is the best / easiest donor to use for that.

Any help appreciated,... and refer me to any other links/threads that lead to same answer!!!

Greatly appreciate...:smoker:

So which would be the best donor vehicle to use axles from to have the locker / gear ratio all set up already from factory, or there is no such thing?

Well the Rubi axles setup will cost a pretty pennie ($1k last time i checked)...be better to just find someone parting a jeep with them or buy everything individually and have them installed

What are your intensions for the Jeep? there are lots of different axles out the that you can use. Just depends on what you want to do with them.

My goal is to have axles that I will be able to lock with tires no larger then 35s, and a lift which is about 4 1/2. Just not sure if I want to mess around with gear ratios and aftermarket lockers (labor wise and price wise)

1985xjlaredo said:
What are your intensions for the Jeep? there are lots of different axles out the that you can use. Just depends on what you want to do with them.

BudNixon said:
My goal is to have axles that I will be able to lock with tires no larger then 35s, and a lift which is about 4 1/2. Just not sure if I want to mess around with gear ratios and aftermarket lockers (labor wise and price wise)

You're going to have to mess with gear ratios and aftermarket lockers.

You can get JK axles which come with 4.10's and lockers for about $1400 each, (not a bad deal) but they won't bolt on to a cherokee (need to mess with welding and such), but then 4.10's won't cut it for 35's - you'd want 4.88's or such.

Back