• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaky NP242 tcase

Rod Knee

NAXJA Forum User
Had been noticing leakage from my tcase. My mechanic identified the source of the leak as coming from somewhere in the front of the tcase, so he replaced the seal at the front drive shaft and suggested I take it out for a drive and come back to see if it was still leaking. It dripped fairly profusely for a short while, maybe a minute or two, and stopped leaking. Seems like I have a crack somewhere up high so that only so much leaks out.

Anybody else had this problem? What part could be leaking?

My NP231 leaked, but I've changed it out from my parts jeep. I dont know if it will really flex much at the joint, but if it's leaking there I might would try it. I had to do a liquid JB weld on my timing chain cover. If I had a hole on my TC casing, I would clean it real well and slop the JB on. It worked EXCELLENTLY of my timing chain cover. I would eventually take it out and fix it, but it's a good quick-and-dirty to get you through for a while. If the crank was really high then I would just leave it, the thing does hold much and if it doesnt leak much total, I dont see a real big deal.

Back