• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Team NAXJA and King of the Hammers '09

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Well, we're going to have a two car team for next year's King of the Hammers race out in Johnson Valley. Check out this thread in the Non-tech forum for more details:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=966019

Paul and I will be competing in my rig again, and Dave Taylor and Garry Hall will be competing in Dave's rig. We have a little more time to prepare this time, and have a number of improvements going into the rig. Right now, my buggy is over at Rigwerks with Scrappy and Capt Ron getting a few things done, including new shock mounts for my new rear shocks. Paul has my front shocks and is taking them in to Sway-A-Way in the morning to get some revalving done. We'll be doing more shock tuning, tire and tire pressure testing, plus we need safety and race equipment, race radios, hopefully intercoms, etc, etc. Dave is going to need to make a couple changes to his buggy, plus equip it for the race.

Big thanks to NAXJA for helping us with a sponsorship, and letting us compete as Team NAXJA. Many of you came around to help get the rig ready for the last race, and came out to the race and helped out in various ways and we all had a great time. So, we really feel this is a club effort and we're proud to represent NAXJA.

Since racing isn't cheap, and cash sponsors are hard to come by, we're going to have a couple of fundraising projects. The Rockin' XJ Jamboree proceeds will go to the race team, and we think we have some raffle prizes that you all can get excited about. We're also in the process of making a "Proud Supporter of Team NAXJA" T-shirt that we'll be offering.

Also, the King of the Hammers DVD will be premiered at the Currie Open House on Oct 2nd.

Hope to see you in JV in Nov for the Rockin' XJ Jamboree, and again in Feb for the next King of the Hammers.

Put me down for a shirt Richard, possibly a couple if i can get the roommates into it.

All of us at BS Fab will be out at KOH as volunteers like last year. Good luck guys.

djblade311 said:
S&LW is happy to support blue 52 in anyway :)

Yeah, I think we were still deciding wear the S&LW sponsor logo would go. On the roof so you could see it from above and/or when it flops. Or just underneath for a roll.

I need to order a sticker for my Jeep, I lost my originals.

Back