• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab Caravan from SoCal

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
I know this is a stretch but who wants to trailer my XJ for me? :D

Anyway, for those going to Moab from SoCal, when are you leaving? Lets set up the caravan schedules.

I'm leaving Sunday afternoon/evening and possibly staying overnight in St George or Beaver.

Returning on Sunday

Leaving Sunday afternoon, staying overnight in Vegas.
Heading back to Vegas Friday, then back home Sunday

Probably leaving Saturday... Drive straight through
Repeat in 1 week :D

Leaving probably Sunday. Pulling over if I get tired and going to sleep in the Queen sized bed at the back of the RV. :) Troy is the only one close to me, wonder if he's still going. Planned on 8E to AZ85, to 17 to whatever the gps says... Taking the scenic route and avoiding the 15. Last time I took the 15 back from Vegas I ended up sitting in traffic coming up the hill out of Nevada. Flipping caltrans with like 5 guys standing around with shovels had a lane closed. Pissed me off, and that was 15 years ago. :)

Planning on leaving Monday and driving straight through, returning on Saturday.

Leaving probably Sunday. Pulling over if I get tired and going to sleep in the Queen sized bed at the back of the RV. :) Troy is the only one close to me, wonder if he's still going. Planned on 8E to AZ85, to 17 to whatever the gps says... Taking the scenic route and avoiding the 15. Last time I took the 15 back from Vegas I ended up sitting in traffic coming up the hill out of Nevada. Flipping caltrans with like 5 guys standing around with shovels had a lane closed. Pissed me off, and that was 15 years ago. :)

15 years... Man you can hold a grudge, and for a chunk of asphault at that. :D

Planning on leaving Mon or Tues, first night in StGeorge, then Moab.
Leave Moab Sunday to StGeorge again, then home.
Right now I've got a autohauler reserved from UHaul, may tow my junk.

The most direct route is 15N to 70E The 70E is pretty scenic, there are a few spot on the 15 also, ie Virgin River Gorge, coming back you go south through monument valley. Its about 80 miles longer, but scenic from what I've heard.

15 years... Man you can hold a grudge, and for a chunk of asphault at that. :D

I just remember thinking to myself, WTF we're in the middle of nowhere and there's like a 5 mile long traffic jam going up this hill. I'm leaving Sunday, so I may drive up on the 15. It's an 8 mile difference. I've been through there since and it's still insane how fast traffic is moving.

I will. Right after you buy me a two car trailer :D

Leaving Friday (very late). Sleeping in Vegas. Pick up Heather in Vegas Saturday AM and straight through to Moab.

John,

What time are you picking Heather up and leaving Vegas? Where are you sleeping in Vegas?

John,

What time are you picking Heather up and leaving Vegas? Where are you sleeping in Vegas?

I want to know this too;) I will be arriving in Vegas about 11 pm Friday night

Las Vegas Edition - Friday/Saturday

Mike Rollins and Charles Stein are staying with me on Friday night. Charles needs to pick up his brother at McCarran airport at 9:00AM. Mike and Charles will leave from McCarran as soon as they retrieve Charles' brother.

I will be leaving my house in the NW part of Vegas approximately 8:00AM or as soon as we finish breakfast. I'm driving my motorhome and flat towing the XJ behind it. Would very much like to have somebody with whom to caravan. I guess that Mike and Charles might be an hour or two behind me.

Who else is spending Friday night in Vegas? Where are you staying and when will you arrive?

BTW... will be monitoring CB channel 4.

Last edited:
Back