• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender flare brackets, 97-01 cherokee, where to buy?

Wilbur

NAXJA Forum User
Took my fender flares off the other day to paint them black and I broke every single one of the studs off the mounting brackets. Where can I get these brackets, I've only been able to find the replacement brackets for earlier XJ's. I know I can drill the broken studs out of the brackes and replace them with bolts, but I kinda want to get new brackets to save the effort.

thanks,
Will

Dealership (bend over and grab ankles), the For Sale/Wanted section of any Jeep forum, or the junkyard.

I'd go with the idea you want to avoid - drill 'em out and use bolts. That is unless you have a pick-n-pull type junkyard around that you can pull them from.

Jim www.yuccaman.com

I don't think I've ever removed a flare and not snapped a bolt or two--they are guaranteed to rust. Use SS nuts when you install them.

I just so happen to have a full set of brackets off a '98 sitting in my garage. I think most if not all of the studs are still intact. Let me know if you are interested - I will see if I can get some pics posted tomorrow.

Back