• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tj axle into my xj

tonexj

NAXJA Forum User
came up on a 2000 tj dana 30, tis low pinion though, but it has 4.10's and it's non-disconeect. i have an 89' xj with dana 30 high pinion but i have vacuum disconnect, would this swap be worthwhile? didnt come with spindle/hub but has shafts and joints, dunno what type

It'll bolt in but you have to use your steering knuckles so your hubs & brakes will work. The disco/non disco is no big deal, you'll just have some minumal binding on close to full lock turns, & some vacuum line issues. As to worthwhile, how much money is it, do you already have 4.10s etc? If you need a 4.10 front end & it's cheap, you bet.

If you never plan on going bigger than a few inches of lift with 31's, sure, not a horrible deal.

The low pinion 30 is weak sauce though, if you plan on going bigger, do it right the first time.

Back