• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So I need a new driver's side seat ASAP Help!

The Schwill

NAXJA Forum User
I drive an '01 XJ Sport, gray upholstered seats, no adjustable headrest, not heated

The door side of my driver seat broke clean off of the bracket about six months ago. I only drive the vehicle a couple of miles a day from the train station to my office and back, so it was not a problem...until today.

I got in the vehicle today, adjusted myself and the center console side broke clean off the mounting bracket. The metal which the bolt goes through is completely sheared off on both sides. As I have been driving the vehicle with the broken seat, the mount is very bent. I need a new seat and don't know where to look.

I searched Ebay and didn't see anything for a new seat. Haven't had a chance to check craigslist. I need something soon, if anyone has any suggestions on where to look, or might have something lying around please let me know. I can't drive it as is, other than the two miles two and from work. Thanks.

Try searching through http://www.car-part.com. I got a new driver's side seat for my 94 down on the south side a few years back through them.

The Schwill said:
Any information on how to fix it would be welcomed too!
RichP posted up in Non-Tech a while back about getting his TJ seat repaired.

I found it easier and faster to just buy a replacement seat.

I'm 6 4 and 220 LB my son is 6 7 at 310 LB. After replacing my 01 seat 2 times and having the replacement snap in up to 3 places. We just drilled and bolted everything with them sad little welds. That was 3 years ago. No problems. Well, the cushion is sagging a little.:)

Last edited:
ChiXJeff said:
RichP posted up in Non-Tech a while back about getting his TJ seat repaired.

I found it easier and faster to just buy a replacement seat.

No, not one of the TJ's it was on my 98XJ, took it to a shop in Allentown and he fixed it while I went and had breakfast. That was the second time it broke, funny thing was his first repairs and reinforceing he did 4 years ago were still good, dam thing broke in another area, I think the seat is about 3lbs heavier after he got done putting the gussets and reinforcement in this last time

Back