• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no right front window power

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so i hooked up this GAY airfreshener into my cig.aux. blew the 10amp fuse, lost dome lights, power doors, radio. put a new fuse in and the stereo and doors work now. window was working before this stupid move. now i got all power windows execpt the passenger front. all other fuses are fine. any ideas? ( its suck down!!!).

thanks
ryan

Just pulled the inside of the door off. when i hit down, i can feel the motor trying to do something, but 'up' gets nothing, i can't move it up by hand. bad motor? anybody heard of this crap. thanks

If it feels like it moving when you move the switch in one direction and not the other, it could be the switch.

You could try jumping 12 volts to the motor and see if it moves the window. If you decide to jump the motor make sure you disconnect it first.

Neither the Driver door nor pass. side door will make it move in 'up'. i did some research and found it could be the regulator. btw i cleaned the connections and checked the wires under the carpet

still not working. my friend who is a dealer mechanic said its the whole assembly- regulator/motor

I am by no means an expert, but I had a pass side window that would not work. You could hear the motor, but it wouldn't raise. Fix was the window regulator.

Not sure this helps :dunce:

I have a similar, but opposite problem...

One day last week, the pass front window was 1/2 way down, but neither front switch could get it to go down any further.
Driver switch made it go up all the way, but no down. (At the time, my g/f was sitting in the pass. seat, and i think she only tried down.)
With winter coming, i'll likely leave it as is, quite happy that it's stuck in the up position rather than down. ;)

Back