• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got the front bumper today

scottmcneal

NAXJA Forum User
Dam it is heavy, it's going to look good on the jeep

frontbumper.jpg

backview.jpg

Rear bumper should be here about a week or so.... Tow points will be nice... Thank you JCR offroad, looks great.. Very nice job

Last edited:
Do you have another separate piece that holds the bumper on by more than the stock bolt holes? Looks good other than that, who made that one?

~Alex

Those are JCR stage 2 sliders and a JCR pre-runner with optional receiver, D-ring tabs and side protection - unibody brackets are behind the bumper in teh picture. For some reason, JCR doesn't weld them directly to the bumper.
Am I right?
BTW- that is some sweet iron, man. Congrats!

Yea, whats the point of making the mounting system same as stock and then selling frame tie-ins? Other than an easy way to tack on some extra $ I dont see the point?

The sliders are AJ's ... Yes they are great rails, i have beat on them alot..

JCR pre-runner with optional receiver, D-ring tabs and side protection - unibody brackets are behind the bumper , this is right on, i see you have been looking at them..There is 5 bolts to the frame rails ( unibody ) Then there is the 3 bolts that hold the bumper in place.. I don't mind paying for a great product like the tie-ins.. I don't have the room to fab it myself, so i'll pay the price.. I can't wait for the rear bumper, it is going to be sweet... I'll post picks later of the brackets if you want...

My rigidco is in the mail and should be here Friday. Definitely can't wait to see that sucker. Shipping weight is 82 lbs total, adding the grille guard I got with it :shocked:

nice purchase scott! i have the same bumper minus the hitch reciever and the side bars, and i love it. lets see some mounted pics!

misc6-07061.jpg

:D

Looks great. I was really considering JCR. I love the looks and style of their bumper, but i opted for rigidco in a similar style. Should be getting mine any day now too.

Somewhat related subject

On a somewhat related subject, what is everyone doing with their inner fender wells? Are we just taking them out and tossing them in the back of the garage, or are folks re-attaching them somehow?
(just getting started on mine, need to know what works best)
Jim

Nice looking bumper Scott, ordered the exact same bumper from JCR about a week ago. How long did it take to get it? There is a lot of inner fender black plastic stuff to trim, waiting till i get the bumper to see how much to trim.

Re: Somewhat related subject

bumpstop said:
On a somewhat related subject, what is everyone doing with their inner fender wells? Are we just taking them out and tossing them in the back of the garage, or are folks re-attaching them somehow?
Jim

If you toss it, get a couple of pool noodles or some pipe insulation to stuff in there. They will help keep mud out of the door hinges. You can kinda see it here:
HPIM0802.jpg

JIM.

That looks a lot like the one I had made for my Jeep. I might have paid a little more because mine was hand made to the jeep and has recessed lights.

100_3914

I'm not sure why this won't post as a pic, I never had that problem before, can anyone make it come up?

:edit by mod: you forgot the "[/IMG]" tag .. i fixed it but there is no image there :)

Last edited by a moderator:
MG2000XJ said:
Yea, whats the point of making the mounting system same as stock and then selling frame tie-ins? Other than an easy way to tack on some extra $ I dont see the point?

if the bumper fits tight and properly it would make it damn near impossible to install it by yourself,
I just finished up most of my bumper this weekend, made the tie in's separate from the bumper itself... it fits so tightly in between the rails that I don't need bolts to hold it up... it makes life MUCH easier.

That bumper does look sick though, and gives me an idea for finishing my corner pieces

bumpstop said:
Jim

I tossed mine when I trimmed the fenders. Shoved pool noodles up in the rear of the fender, then sprayed 3M rubberized undercoating in the fender wells and on the noodles for rock protection and a little sound deadening. Everything worked great. The foglights and horns and stuff aren't covered anymore, but it'll all be relocated when my Rigidco bumper goes on next week.

sunburned said:
I tossed mine when I trimmed the fenders. Shoved pool noodles up in the rear of the fender, then sprayed 3M rubberized undercoating in the fender wells and on the noodles for rock protection and a little sound deadening. Everything worked great. The foglights and horns and stuff aren't covered anymore, but it'll all be relocated when my Rigidco bumper goes on next week.
I'm picking mine up on Sunday. Hopefully, I will have it painted and ready to mount by next Friday.

Damn, you are lucky. If I had been able to pick mine up, it would have been on the Jeep by now. It's been in transit since last friday and it was sunny and hot every day this week. Now that I'm scheduled to get it on saturday, we're about to get hit with two hurricanes back to back...

Trim? Just a little.... LOL There is a great write up for trimming your front fenders... I just took more off of mine, about 1" ok maybe 2"...
Did the paint last night... Cut and remove inner fender wells

P1010005.jpg

Back