• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

insurance for jeeps

alek21

NAXJA Forum User
what do you guys have for insurance? just got an xj with a 5.5" rubicon long arm kit, and our insurance company doesnt want to insure it... what do you guys have? prices? i know mine will be higher cuz im only 17, but i get the good grade discount... idk im just pissed..

alek21 said:
what do you guys have for insurance? just got an xj with a 5.5" rubicon long arm kit, and our insurance company doesnt want to insure it... what do you guys have? prices? i know mine will be higher cuz im only 17, but i get the good grade discount... idk im just pissed..

I have AAA.......SANTA

hm, interesting. i've never had any problems. and i've owned a few hot cars in the few years i've been driving (im 22 now). i go through my local insurance company. who is underwriten by western national. great coverage and i only pay $70? /month for my wife and i both on three vehicles.

edit: i had progressive^ for my motorcycle, also great service...

dang 70 a month is pretty good!! im not sure who we have, trying to find out right now.. they said the limit for a lift is 3",, but its not a for sure thing they wont yet, said they'd call back in like a day or two... still sucks, now i have to go back to driving the beater!! nooo! haha

I have safeco.

6 Veh on the policy and supplemental for the boat or the enclosed when towing.

06 Chevy HD
96 XJ - 4X4
00 Durango - 4X4
89 XJ - 4X4
87 XJ - 4X4
94 Motorhome

With supplemantal for using any vehicle to tow. Our son xtimmax which is on the policy to drive anything at any time and is 18. All this for only 213 a month.

Very reasonable.

Good luck

Last edited:
progressive dude....

i have a grip of tickets and a few accidents when i was a lot younger.

i have a bad driving record and its 160 a month. so i cant really complain.

plus whenever i have a problem its 24hr service.

also progressive didnt ask shit about my jeep. they asked for vin and that was it.

I have Geico and they have been great to me. BAck in the day I filed a claim, took it into one of their shops for an estimate and received the check that same week!!!

When I was 23 I had a 4 year old 3 series and it got totaled by my buddy (who also got a DUI) and they paid it off no problem. I say at least talk to GEICO tell me what they say. I never added my long arm kit to the insurance but its got full coverage.

Oh, BTW. For full coverage on my jeep and benz and liability on my wifes honda I pay $200/month with a DUI on my record.

Leep said:
I have safeco.

6 Veh on the policy and supplemental for the boat or the enclosed when towing.

06 Chevy HD
96 XJ - 4X4
00 Durango - 4X4
89 XJ - 4X4
87 XJ - 4X4
94 Motorhome

With supplemantal for using any vehicle to tow. Our son xtimmax which is on the policy to drive anything at any time and is 18. All this for only 213 a month.

Very reasonable.

Good luck

oh dang thats pretty good.. and does the company know about the lift on his jeep? ive seen his jeep before,, seems to be about a 5" lift or so??

thanks for the info guys!

I've got SafeCo as well, but I was told that as of my policy ending they will no longer offer liability on a lifted rig, and I'm going to have to change insurance companies.

I'm going back to AAA.

i have mercury and havent had any problems with them luckily.

Allstate here. They told me they would limit the suspension to "stock plus $1500". I think they're high.

Not to piss on Mercury (Sorry Josh) But i would never go with them. They completely screwed my roommate over on his Scrambler that was stolen and wreaked. Long story short, no compensation and they are actually trying to collect on HIM...

I have State Farm FWIW.

thanks for all the info guys... yea i keep getting quotes.. all seem to be about a grand for six months... which sucks. haha... but still hoping our original one will accept it!! im crossin my fingers! lol

you are 17 with a 4x4 your insurance is gonna be high. If you don't drive like an idiot it will go down just remember that! BTW i have safe auto. Full coverage on my jeep plus liability on my brother's civic is 185 with a DUI on his record

FlexdXJ said:
you are 17 with a 4x4 your insurance is gonna be high. If you don't drive like an idiot it will go down just remember that! BTW i have safe auto. Full coverage on my jeep plus liability on my brother's civic is 185 with a DUI on his record

yea i expect it to be high... but 2k a year?? idk i was expecting like 1500 or so... yea im a safe driver, not a speedracer thats for sure, and get 3.5gpa give or take..

alek21 said:
oh dang thats pretty good.. and does the company know about the lift on his jeep? ive seen his jeep before,, seems to be about a 5" lift or so??

thanks for the info guys!

We have liability only on the 87 and the 89. Full coverage on the rest. No matter of the lift and acessories, if someone else causes an accident we are covered no matter what as long as we show documentation of costs for parts.

The advantage is we dont have any accidents or DUI on the record. Tim has one but it was written off as not at fault.

erikwylie said:
I have progressive and had 0 problems with them

I have Progressive and 0 problems with me also

besthaticouldo said:
progressive dude....

i have a grip of tickets and a few accidents when i was a lot younger.

i have a bad driving record and its 160 a month. so i cant really complain.

plus whenever i have a problem its 24hr service.

also progressive didnt ask shit about my jeep. they asked for vin and that was it.

I had 6 speeding tickets within a 2-3 yr period. Right now after 2 yrs with them I have 1 speeding ticket and one "not at fault" accident affecting my rate. The coolest thing is that after my accident my rates didnt go up, and every 6 mo my premiums have gone down signifficantly. Right now I have full coverage on my focus and liability on the jeep all for 125 /mo for the next six mo. Also XJ's are registered as station wagons so that helps with rates.

TwistedcaB said:
im 17 and have a 6" lift on mine. not sure on the insurance company. but then again they dont know. and what they dont know wont hurt em haha.
but it may hurt YOU if you ever get in an accident. they can flat out deny your claim because the vehicle is modified, saying "your bumpers are too high and caused more damage to the other vehicle because of it" is a common one. you should always let em know what has been done to your jeep, they are there to protect you. if they deny you because of it find a new company.

Back