• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock Relocation + RTI ramp =

Sideshow

NAXJA Forum User
I relocated my rear shock mounts and the shocks are too long. Here we go RS9000's. (excuse to post pics on RTI ramp)
IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

Muddy Beast, look familiar?:D

I hope everyone had a fun and safe Holiday weekend.

Haha I was just gana say, HEY LOOK MY WORK!

I go up that ramp wayyyy to often.

~Scott

P.S. I can go as far as you with my 3" lift and 31's. :)

Muddy Beast said:
P.S. I can go as far as you with my 3" lift and 31's. :)

Yeah, I'm slowly working on it. I will change the rear shocks, and address the rear shackle angle, but that's the extent of my knowledge. Any input on how to get it to flex better would be appreciated. BTW I want to keep this think Low, it roughly sits at 4.5" front 5"back. The front shocks are currently serving as limiting straps :banghead: , but thats with the coil fully extended. If there's no weight on the wheel its just looks cool.

keep your shocks and get these: HD Engin. relocation brackets

http://hdoffroadengineering.myshopify.com/

they are a naxja vendor and super beefy - i just put some on and it was very easy - they will give you additional mounting holes to get your shackles at the right angle, beef up the rear of your xj and give you about .5 inches of lift so it will match the front! not to mention a much better ride overall and more flex!

Sideshow said:
I relocated my rear shock mounts and the shocks are too long. Here we go RS9000's. (excuse to post pics on RTI ramp)
IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

Muddy Beast, look familiar?:D

I hope everyone had a fun and safe Holiday weekend.

Nice looking rig!!!

I have the opposite problem.
My relocated mounts were fine with stock length shocks, but when I added the shackle relocation brackets, it made them too short.

I'd try some stockers if you still have them floating around. I currently have a set of month old Monroe Reflexes on mine if you want to do some wheeling and dealing.

John

CanMan said:

Watching that ramp as it went under overpasses was a bit nerve racking...

back on subject: If you are okay with the compressed length ride height you can drill a hole through your 2"x2" and add an additional spacer on top. Hockey pucks are often sugested for the front and would work in the rear as well if a bolt is run through them ( I'd use a carriage bolt).

GI-John said:
I have the opposite problem.
My relocated mounts were fine with stock length shocks, but when I added the shackle relocation brackets, it made them too short.

I'd try some stockers if you still have them floating around. I currently have a set of month old Monroe Reflexes on mine if you want to do some wheeling and dealing.

John

I'm always down for some wheelin and dealin, as long as it helps us both. My Dad used to say "money, marbles, or chalk".

I currently have Rough Country RC 8126, 25.7 extended, 15.7 collapsed. Will they work for your application?

aparke4 said:
keep your shocks and get these: HD Engin. relocation brackets

http://hdoffroadengineering.myshopify.com/
quote]
Thanks for the link, I'm definitely going this direction. More flex AND a better ride, I'm sold.

Metal Thrasher said:
back on subject: If you are okay with the compressed length ride height you can drill a hole through your 2"x2" and add an additional spacer on top. Hockey pucks are often sugested for the front and would work in the rear as well if a bolt is run through them ( I'd use a carriage bolt).

Honestly, my compressed length ride height sucks. There's not enough travel for me. The Ride height isn't terrible empty but add camping gear and the thing bottoms out way too easy. Also, I flexed in the driveway (no shocks or bumpstops) and the rear tires will almost tuck which would be a huge improvement from this picture:
IMG_0251.jpg

In the spirit of keeping it low I would like to improve the overall travel.
I appreciate everyone's input, it always to get a second opinion.

Back