• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which install kit?

asp

NAXJA Forum User
i'm getting ready to buy install kits for my 4.56's and i'm running into a problem. below are a few different links for a few different install kits, but i can't decide which one is for me. for reference i will be installing the gears into a 94 xj HP D30 that i have swapped in 297 u-joints to.

of the following, which is the correct install kit? thanks in advance for the help.

http://www.performanceoffroadcenter...d=213&osCsid=a87fae580d8d3df17638e6a912df902c
Master Overhaul Installation Kits include: pinion bearings & races, carrier bearings & races, pinion seal, crush sleeve, a pinion nut, pinion depth shims, carrier side shims, and ring gear bolts. Many kits include stub shaft bearings & seals or inner axle seals, a cover gasket or sealer, gear marking compound & a brush and an instructions manual. GUIDE TUBE SEALS ARE NOT INCLUDED AND ARE SOLD SEPERATLY!

http://www.performanceoffroadcenter...=2496&osCsid=a87fae580d8d3df17638e6a912df902c
Master Overhaul Installation Kits include: pinion bearings & races, carrier bearings & races, pinion seal, crush sleeve, a pinion nut, pinion depth shims, carrier side shims, and ring gear bolts. Many kits include stub shaft bearings & seals or inner axle seals, a cover gasket or sealer, gear marking compound & a brush and an instructions manua

http://www.performanceoffroadcenter...d=215&osCsid=a87fae580d8d3df17638e6a912df902c
Master Overhaul Installation Kits include: pinion bearings & races, carrier bearings & races, pinion seal, crush sleeve, a pinion nut, pinion depth shims, carrier side shims, and ring gear bolts. Many kits include stub shaft bearings & seals or inner axle seals, a cover gasket or sealer, gear marking compound & a brush and an instructions manual. Kits fits all High pinion and low pinion Dana 30 axle's except Jeep TJ and late model XJ/ZJ crush sleeve style front ends. GUIDE TUBE SEALS ARE NOT INCLUDED AND ARE SOLD SEPERATLY!

MapleDitch said:
The last link you posted is the correct kit.

cool, and thanks. but why would the others be incorrect? i'm not doubting you, i'm just trying to learn why and which applications those would fit. the description "late model" is ambiguous. i know late model xjs (99.5+) came with LP D30 and so did TJ's. does it relate to that?

As far as I can tell, the only difference is crush sleeve for TJ and no crush sleeve for early XJ. The only other thing I can think of is the low pinion has a shorter pinion, and maybe different thickness of bearings/number of shims in the kit.

MapleDitch is correct, the last link should be the kit you need.

FYI: Do some searching on PORC before you buying... you won't like what you see.
Call around to the NAXJA vendors.
Dave @ Northridge4x4
Dan @ Loose Nuts
Either should be give you the same or better pricing than above in a "package" deal.

Last edited:
RCman said:
MapleDitch is correct, the last link should be the kit you need.

FYI: Do some searching on PORC before you buying... you won't like what you see.
Call around to the NAXJA vendors.
Dave @ Northridge4x4
Dan @ Loose Nuts
Either should be give you the same or better pricing than above in a "package" deal.

Jeepinoutfitters is also run by a (paying)NAXJA member they are not sponsors but got me a great price on my D30/D44 gear package.

WaXJ_Skier said:
Jeepinoutfitters is also run by a (paying)NAXJA member they are not sponsors but got me a great price on my D30/D44 gear package.
Good point, another good vendor.
I didn't want to get this thread off topic, just throwing out some small advice so asp387 does not get burned. Let's not make this another "You can get them here" and "X2 on XYZ company thread". :)

/hijack

in a case like this, i thank you for making it a "get them here, not there" thread. the point is to get what's right, and those had been some of the best prices i'd seen around. i'll contact the naxja vendors at your suggestions though.

Back