• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I got an early Christmas present from Santa

johnnyc

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
In the past couple of months, I've been Santa's designated driver to several events. For some reason, he is not comfortable riding in the MJ. In fact, he said that he preferred my Mazda.

When I picked him up last night to go down to Rich's place, he said that he had something for me. And that this something would make it easier for him to ride in the MJ.

IMG_8453.jpg

Ha funny. What's wrong with the MJ (notice I didn't say the other M word) that he doesn't want to ride in it?

And is that diamond plate? That stuff isn't cheap.

And lastly, and most importantly. ARE THOSE TUBE DOORS? Details. Details. Tired of worrying about Johnny rock in Big Bear?

One day after I gave Santa a ride, I found a fuel leak from the fuel regulator that was dripping onto the header.

Then the next time I gave him a ride, I broke down on the freeway the day after.

Yes, those are Formatt tube doors. I bought them from a guy in Utah, JohnX brought them down on the parts train, and I'm taking them to a certain person in 1000 Oaks next weekend. I was gonna use them, but have since changed my mind.

xjohnnyc said:
Yes, those are Formatt tube doors. I bought them from a guy in Utah, JohnX brought them down on the parts train, and I'm taking them to a certain person in 1000 Oaks next weekend. I was gonna use them, but have since changed my mind.
Thanks Johnny! :) :) :) :D

xjohnnyc said:
One day after I gave Santa a ride, I found a fuel leak from the fuel regulator that was dripping onto the header.

Then the next time I gave him a ride, I broke down on the freeway the day after.

Can we get some nice detailed pictures with measurements? Wanna practice on the tubing bender.

xjohnnyc said:

darn, I think if anyone is a candidate for tube doors, it oughta be me.

mikedashg said:
darn, I think if anyone is a candidate for tube doors, it oughta be me.
Mike, I think you're a candidate for a paint job.... :roll: lol..

Anywho... I first thought Johny was asking for "AA" help.. ........ :wave:

E

I think I have it figured out. I gave Santa a ride on Sunday. Monday, the MJ starts squealing like Ned Beatty in Deliverance. :pig:

Today, I took the belt off to spin the pulleys. Bad idler pulley. At least it wasn't the water pump or alternator. All fixed.

So I think Santa is the jinx. Every time I give him a ride, something happens to the MJ the next day.

Santa is the new Cory. :laugh3:

BajaCurt said:
Wow I'm gonna lock my doors and block off my chimney on Dec 25th. I don't want my house to burn down LOL

I know a good insurance contractor for your house rebuilding needs!

;)

BTW Santa gets 10% on all Christmas tree fires.

xjohnnyc said:
I think I have it figured out. I gave Santa a ride on Sunday. Monday, the MJ starts squealing like Ned Beatty in Deliverance. :pig:

Today, I took the belt off to spin the pulleys. Bad idler pulley. At least it wasn't the water pump or alternator. All fixed.

So I think Santa is the jinx. Every time I give him a ride, something happens to the MJ the next day.

Santa is the new Cory. :laugh3:

Did u take the aluminum sign out? I thought so ,I told u to leave it alone! u have been takin over by a christmas story beyond my control.......SANTA

4xSanta said:
Did u take the aluminum sign out? I thought so ,I told u to leave it alone! u have been takin over by a christmas story beyond my control.......SANTA

I took the sign out AFTER the pulley went bad. I was driving on the 22 and the sign flipped up and almost flew out of the bed. Luckily, there was no one around me and I was able to pull over pretty quickly. :wow:

Back