• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E3 spark plugs

Haven't tried those but I have tried many other brands and electrode configurations. The cheap Champions have out performed all others on the 4.0L.

ive tried diff plugs but i find autolite(copper core) work great in my XJ.

Go to autozone and get a set of champions at about $1 each. You'll be happier in the long run. Just so you know, any multi-electrode plug that claims it creats a multiple spark is false advertising. Electricity will always follow the path of lease resistance, which means you will always have just one spark no matter how many electrodes there are.

Basically the 4.0 and the 2.5 are like tractor motors and perform just fine with champion coppers, anything else is a waste of money.

DO NOT TRY THEM!!!!!!!!! I had them on my 88 renix with 115,000 miles on the odo and they didnt even last 2,000 miles. I was wondering why my xj was running so bad, I checked everything (sensors,wiring,comp test,etc.) because I didnt think It would be the new plugs I put in.Finally, I pulled the plugs and to my suprise I had three bad plugs. One had the ceramic insulator which is around the electrode broken which fell over the electrode, and the other two I guess were arcing out the back of the plugs. So I was only running on 3 cylinders which would explain the rough running :doh:. So I pretty much felt like a POS for buying into those gimmick plugs. STICK WITH CHAMPIONS. I will try to get some pictures on here, as I still have the plugs and plan on sending them back since they have a warranty. We'll see how that goes.

:flame:E3 PLUGS:flame:

When I bought my 92 it had Bosch plat's. No ceramic left! I was amazed that it ran. Champ truck plugs.

My 90 needed hotter plus because of the new injectors. I installed a set of old splitfires because they were in a box on a shelf. Passed emisions with flying numbers! Had to turn my MAP adjustment down to 4.65. Was at 5.62 with original injectors and Champ Truck Plugs.

On my 2000 I tried the regular Chmpion plugs, the Champion truck plugs and the NGK V-power plugs. Being the 2000 it had the cold and hot start issues. The Champions didn't do too well with that, but the NGKs improved it.

-Chris

My 96 seems to have run equally well with regular Champions, Bosch Plats, Splitfires, Autolites, NGK's, and now running Champion Truck Plugs I scored for $1.59 each.

I've tried several - all my RENIX rigs seem to like Autolite Platinum the best.

Nice thing about Autolites - they don't have the "shrouded pin" centre conductor like Bosch does - it's a full conductor sticking out there. I've checked them every year for the last five or so, and I think I've run a total of about .002" of "gap erosion" over that time... Clean burn, no discolouration noted.

5-90

Gotta tell you, splurged on the Bosch Platinum 4's and I think they made a very noticable improvement in smooth idle, acceleration, and plug longevity.

Still have 31's w/heavy solid (no cut-outs) steel wheels and the 3.55's, a ton of mods that have severerly fattened up my '98, but w/116k stills pulls great on hills in o/d w/o dropping into passing gear, but motor has been babied since new and MSD wires did help, too.

just my .02

Mike

Back