• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

INSTRUMENT CLUSTER QUESTION?

uscgjeep1277

NAXJA Forum User
I keep blowing the fuse that goes to the gauges in the instrument panel. I have started by checking all grounds(good). I also was told to unplug all connections that go to the cluster such as temp. alternator, oil pressure, and see if it still blows fuses(it does). I don't know where else to go. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
92' XJ 4.0

So if you completely disconnect the gauge cluster it will still blow a fuse? If that's the case then it sounds like a wire has been shorted out. Check from the connector's from the cluster back and see if any wires are pinched anywhere or have a screw going into it.

Sounds like you have bare wire somewhere gotta love electrical problems not.

I had the same problem on my 94 xj...it turned out to be the brake switch solonoid that goes to the shifter..If you look at your fuse panel you will see a wire in the front that looks like its pluges into the box remove that and then replace the fuse for your gauges..try that and let me kno.

Back