• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sunday 8/31. Got onboard air/a decent battery?

TheWarWagon

NAXJA Forum User
I just went in to fire up my jeep, since it's pseudo-legit now and the battery's deader than hell. No one in my complex owns a vehicle with enough cranking amps to fire up my dead optima. I just need to fire it up, fill up the half flat tire, drive it to the gas station, fill up the tank, swap out the spare tire, and park it again. Anybody bored tomorrow? :repair: Oh yeah, I'm in La Palma by Buena Park/Fullerton/Cerritos/Cypress.....

TheWarWagon said:
I just went in to fire up my jeep, since it's pseudo-legit now and the battery's deader than hell. No one in my complex owns a vehicle with enough cranking amps to fire up my dead optima. I just need to fire it up, fill up the half flat tire, drive it to the gas station, fill up the tank, swap out the spare tire, and park it again. Anybody bored tomorrow? :repair: Oh yeah, I'm in La Palma by Buena Park/Fullerton/Cerritos/Cypress.....

Call me, niglet.

Well, that didn't work out. My stepbrother was supposed to come out, but flaked. Curt and I played phone tag until my phone died. Anybody bored tonight and feel like bringing the War Wagon back to life?

Is it a red top Optima? I hate to say it but, when I let my Bronco sit for a long time and my Optima went dead......that was it, it never recovered. I hope that isn't the case with yours, though. Those things aren't cheap!----------Hans

You shoulda called me. I have a spare battery. 6, actually. lol.

Well Curt and I managed to get it fired up. Then it stumbled, stalled and wouldn't fire back up. My guess is the battery's toast.

There's one spare battery here in the garage and 5 spares in my locker where I park my work truck. No idea on group # or terminal layout, but one of them is bound to work. Lemme know when you can come by and I'll have one ready for you.

TheWarWagon said:
Well Curt and I managed to get it fired up. Then it stumbled, stalled and wouldn't fire back up. My guess is the battery's toast.

Oatmeal said:
Is it a red top Optima? I hate to say it but, when I let my Bronco sit for a long time and my Optima went dead......that was it, it never recovered. I hope that isn't the case with yours, though. Those things aren't cheap!----------Hans
a friends silverado had a slow draw, and over a span of 2months, only being ran (and jumped) once a week for street sweeping, knocked out a red-top. I say knocked out because it wouldnt take a jumper-cable assist start, nor a regular recharging on the work bench, however a slow, 2amp (i beleive? the slower setting on your charger) over 2 nights brought it back, i drove around all weekend, and today on it, running strong again. SO dont just throw it out....

I don't think it's his battery causing it to not start.
When I first jumped it using cables it fired right up.
Ran kinda rough for a while then died.
Started up again and still ran rough then died and would crank but not fire.
Bryce you could pull a plug and ground it against the block to see if it sparks or use a spare plug.
I don't think it was getting any spark cause it wouldn't fire but he cranked it and cranked it when we had the jumper cables hooked up.
We never used the charger I brought since he didn't have 120vac close to where the Jeep was parked.
Bad coil?
CPS?
Of course after all the shit he's been through I don't know if getting the Jeep running is tops on his priority.

BajaCurt said:
Of course after all the shit he's been through I don't know if getting the Jeep running is tops on his priority.

Add to the list that my apartment's maintenance man asked me if I could start parking it in the neighborhood next to our complex. :hang:

Back