• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj Interior lighting problems. Please help Urgent

Ewen91

NAXJA Forum User
Recently redid all new floors in my jeep. The only wiring disconnected was the battery and center console. During repairs all of the interior lights worked properly with closing the door and the lights going out when suppose to but now after reinstalled center console, my interior lights won't go out. They stay on.
Checked fuse and is good
Reset relay by disconnecting battery and then they worked properly by going out and comming on when suppose to, but then it happened again shortly after.
Checked all door buttons for connection w/ tester.
After reinstalling the console I had one connecter from the harness that did not connect to anything on the console. Out of the 3, only 2 were used, seat belt, and 4x4 indicator. I do NOT have power seats. This is pretty urgent.

Make sure the headlight switch isn't cranked around? Did you run a screw through a wire and ground it out? If it's really urgent and preventing you from driving, pull the plugs, bulbs, or fuse.

The year is a 94 country edition. After disconnecting the battery once more and fooling with a few more connections, and then reconnecting the bat. They worked properly once again. Im thinking it is getting too hot when the doors were open for a long period of time, causing the relay to do weird things? Any ideas on the relay?

Do you have the vehicle theft security system? Part of this system is the Illuminated Entry module, which has a built-in timer to keep the interior lights on. By disconnecting the battery you probably momentarily disarmed the security system and reset the module timer.

Back