• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How was the trip?

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Bishes!!!

You know who you are!

Pics?

I don't know. Grant's version of the trip differs from Kyung's as to who caught how many fish.

But Grant did have an adventure when trying to navigate the switchbacks on the way to Laurel Lake in the dark with no brakes on the F-250.

Last edited:
djblade311 said:
another secret trip occurred?

Josh, you are so in the dark.....

Don't you pay attention at the M&G's? There was a little fishing trip that a few un-named folks went on.

Speaking of fishing... Anyone up for chartering a boat out of Newport and fishing the back side of Catalina? I did this last year. It was about $1500 including fuel. We had about 12 guys on a 45 footer. We had a blast. I hear the yellow tail and yellow are still bitting as well as some durango (mahi-mahi)...

rpraterxj said:
Speaking of fishing... Anyone up for chartering a boat out of Newport and fishing the back side of Catalina? I did this last year. It was about $1500 including fuel. We had about 12 guys on a 45 footer. We had a blast. I hear the yellow tail and yellow are still bitting as well as some durango (mahi-mahi)...

BTW

durango=town in SW Colorado
Dorado=fish

Possilby depending on the date

xjohnnyc said:
I don't know. Grant's version of the trip differs from Kyung's as to who caught how many fish.

But Grant did have an adventure when trying to navigate the switchbacks on the way to Laurel Lake in the dark with no brakes on the F-250.

So Grant didn't take the XJ. Wuss.

Who all ended up attending?

karstic said:
BTW

Dorado=fish

Possilby depending on the date

Thanks! I can't type for sh@*. I need speel check on everyhting. I meant Dorado, I assure you.

The date, whenever we can get enough folks.

Myabe mid to late October?

well, the last mng was the first that I brought the wifey n kid so I was more distracted. I'm always in the dark...whats new

all can say is that Kyung's a fishing legend

i'll have some pics later

karstic said:
BTW

Dorado=fish

Nice job Steve....
I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at that..... funny $hIt right there....:roflmao:
Curt

Kyung's got pics of the goldies he caught, I only have scenery cuz the trout kicked my arse. Too bad you couldn't make it up for the trip.

The trail
40ouvs2.jpg

The creek below the lower lake
47wx7pl.jpg

Upper lake
2n8rbww.jpg

Anudder one of the lake
2ywczrp.jpg

I didn't even see this thread until now.

Here it goes:

laurel lake
laurellakes1am1.jpg

laurellakesflowersct8.jpg

Grant backing up a switchback
laurellakesswitchbackql0.jpg

Goldens
laurellakesgolden1jb0.jpg

laurellakesgolden2bb2.jpg

pick of hot creek. Caught a few bows there but no picks. The wind was howling!
hotcreekow9.jpg

Later...

Hot Creek was the first place I caught a trout on the fly...

We might be headed up next weekend...

Back