• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

s-10 leaf questions, looky!

selarep

NAXJA Forum User
Today at my brothers shop we pulled these out of a 02 s-10 that was lowered. obviously the overlead leaf is custom... and 1/4" thick.

leaffar.jpg
leafclose.jpg

question is: should i take my XJ's complete leaf pack including the RE AAL 3.5" and cut my eyelets off and merge them with these of the s-10??? if so.... that would be maybe 5.5 or 6"?
...or is the s-10's main leaf to long?

The overlaod leaf is stock, and cut the eyelets off the s10 spring and throw it in your pack, i wouldnt use the overload unless you really need it, since its really stiff

yes it was very low. it only had the main leaf and that thick overload

don't use it. Just go grab a set of leafs that are 2.5" wide and use the rest of the pack leafs from it, not the eye or the overload leaf.

IcedXJ said:
don't use it. Just go grab a set of leafs that are 2.5" wide and use the rest of the pack leafs from it, not the eye or the overload leaf.

right he had it monoleafed, which is a junk setup, wheel hop out the ass, but you need that main leaf. How high do you want to lift it? I used a s10 main leaf only and it lifted my jeep 3in

I think I'd find a full set of packs. Defiantly don't use the overload. Those can end up being rock grabbers and dirt diggers. I don't think I'd mix in an AAL in the mix either, and stick with full leafs.

MrShaft696 said:
I used a s10 main leaf only and it lifted my jeep 3in

I was pretty sure that the S10 main leaf is too long...

I would use the pack leafs and drop the main leaf and use the main leaf from your XJ, and just put some new umm (I forgot the name) clamps and ya, I lost my train of thought.

IcedXJ said:
I was pretty sure that the S10 main leaf is too long...
I used the main s10 leaf and cut the eyes off. It fit under the XJ main leaf perfect.

Back