• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BS and BFG 31X10.5R15

435Mj

NAXJA Forum User
Frist off I did do a search, but I didnt find my specific question. I have the RE6130 waiting to go on my 93, what I want to know is can I reuse my stock rims(what is the stock BSing) and be able to run BFG AT's without any rubbing and full stuff on the fenders and controll arms? If I have to Ill get new rims down the road a bit.....but Id really like to save that 200 for my sye/ds if possible for now. Thanks tim

You can run you stock rims (4.5 BS I think) but you will rub. You can either use wheel spacers on stock rims on get rims with better bs to aleviate the problem.

Also a little fender trim might be in order, or lengthened bumpstops.

Im prolly going to seem like an idoit, but can you guiys explane BSing to me and how it works, and what it take to do it? Can your re-BS stock rims? Im new as you can tell I just want to make sure I build my rig right the frist time and have a good start to a trail rig one day. Never took autos in school so im learning as I go. thanks tim

xj_toker said:
Frist off I did do a search, but I didnt find my specific question. I have the RE6130 waiting to go on my 93, what I want to know is can I reuse my stock rims(what is the stock BSing) and be able to run BFG AT's without any rubbing and full stuff on the fenders and controll arms? If I have to Ill get new rims down the road a bit.....but Id really like to save that 200 for my sye/ds if possible for now. Thanks tim

I run 31x10.50 on stock steelies... The stock BS is 5.25 or 5.5 inches I normally only rub at full lock ( L to R)... and then just enough to know that I am rubbing.

I run the RE Super Flex 3.5 lift I forget if that is the 6130 or not.

Here are some flex' and posin pictures for comparison.

I still had about 1.5 -2 inches before it would touch my compressed tires reached the bump stops.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=96215

JAS said:
I run 31x10.50 on stock steelies... The stock BS is 5.25 or 5.5 inches I normally only rub at full lock ( L to R)... and then just enough to know that I am rubbing.

I run the RE Super Flex 3.5 lift I forget if that is the 6130 or not.

Here are some flex' and posin pictures for comparison.

I still had about 1.5 -2 inches before it would touch my compressed tires reached the bump stops.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=96215

Thanks for the info and pics man. Just so ya know the 6130 is the 4.5 inch and the full spring pack. Im glad to read that it seems like I can save myself the money for a little bit. I ahve the same rims as you too. Although I painted mine flat black and they look really good on the green cherokees. Mine happens to be a 2 door tho. So it seems there is almost no reason to get rid of em really as long as they can stuff. thanks tim

Anyone else have any insight on the issue??? I would kinda like more than 2 opinions. thanks tim

I am sure there are many with more opinions. This particular question gets asked every few days on Jeeps Unlimited, Jeep Forum,and here at NAXJA and I am sure others.
Do a search here and at the other 2 websites, you will be reading for days on peoples "opinions" vs. Facts of lifts and tires.
Look at the FAQ on these sites as well, you will get you answers you need.
Good Luck

Back