PDA

View Full Version : This is why my tech finds its way in here.....

silverslk
August 28th, 2008, 15:25
Jim posted this up in modified and it took him 2 pages to get an answer that wasn't a waste of time to read. haha

Even after posting a photoshop of what it lloked like the knuckleheads continued to be worthless. haha

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=965198

GSequoia
August 28th, 2008, 15:33
Bullshit.

You just do it becuase you're too lazy to change forums!

silverslk
August 28th, 2008, 15:42
Bullshit.

You just do it becuase you're too lazy to change forums!

I hope you are joking......I don't see any smiley faces. :confused:

crazyjim
August 28th, 2008, 15:58
Haha it's true...

mikedashg
August 28th, 2008, 16:03
Hehe, yeah, I could've told you eBay, and the photoshop image didn't even show up here at work (blocked). And probably would've responded quickly. Sorry, I don't surf tech much.

It's where I got my clear front corners as well after I smashed the factory orange ones. When I was shopping for those clear corners, I saw the red/whites and thought they were cool as well. Mine are blacked out right now. If I ever smash the rears, I'm going to eBay for the red/whites. They make em for 96 and down.

BajaCurt
August 28th, 2008, 16:47
Sorry, I don't surf tech much.

Nothing against Mike_G, he's being honest.
But this is why we don't post stuff like this in tech.
Do any of you check tech?
I don't.

GrimmJeeper
August 28th, 2008, 16:51
Nothing against Mike_G, he's being honest.
But this is why we don't post stuff like this in tech.
Do any of you check tech?
I don't.i do but i read everything so i dont reallty count. :cheers:

ManBearPig
August 28th, 2008, 16:57
I hope you are joking......I don't see any smiley faces. :confused:

:eek: Uh-oh , This is true!

GSequoia
August 28th, 2008, 17:06
Ack.

Let's not start that shit again!

XJ_ranger
August 28th, 2008, 17:22
I dont surf tech...

but when I need tech info, I know where to get it...

I call Geoff if its a renix problem, I call Scrappy if its an HO problem, or if I think it needs an oil change, I call Captain ron if its an airshock problem...

if its not one of thoes, I ususally just look at it really hard, and come up with something...

and its not like "What tail light is this" is a critical question that left someone's rig roadside...

crazyjim
August 28th, 2008, 17:31
I dont surf tech...

but when I need tech info, I know where to get it...

I call Geoff if its a renix problem, I call Scrappy if its an HO problem, or if I think it needs an oil change, I call Captain ron if its an airshock problem...

if its not one of thoes, I ususally just look at it really hard, and come up with something...

and its not like "What tail light is this" is a critical question that left someone's rig roadside...
And who said it WAS a critical question or that it NEEDED to be a critical question?

silverslk
August 28th, 2008, 17:49
Critical or not, if they can't even answer a simple question about a taillight WITH an example (and still post stupid shit) what good are they (or how can you trust them) when its something important?

I TRUST the guys in SoCal. I trust Justin, Scott, Rollins and almost all of you guys when it comes down to it. I usually get a phone call once I post up here because you guys know me and give a crap (at least I think so) if my rigs gets fixed.

Jump This
August 28th, 2008, 17:52
TRUST NO ONE!!

silverslk
August 28th, 2008, 17:54
TRUST NO ONE!!

Sorry,

I EVEN trust RICK!!!! :laugh3:

Monkey55
August 28th, 2008, 18:03
http://flabbergastedly.com/wp-content/uploads/Chatbilleder/drama%20LAMA.jpg

swbooking
August 28th, 2008, 18:08
^^ ahahaha noice...

waxer
August 28th, 2008, 19:15
Then instead of posting in a public forum, why not send a PM to the individuals you trust?

crazyjim
August 28th, 2008, 19:25
Then instead of posting in a public forum, why not send a PM to the individuals you trust?
Or instead of sending a PM to everybody in the socal chapter, why not just post it here? What a genius idea!

GSequoia
August 28th, 2008, 19:35
http://flabbergastedly.com/wp-content/uploads/Chatbilleder/drama%20LAMA.jpg

waxer
August 28th, 2008, 20:12
Or instead of sending a PM to everybody in the socal chapter, why not just post it here? What a genius idea!

why not send a PM to the individuals you trust?

Genius, indeed!!

Rawbrown
August 28th, 2008, 20:31
My tech is less complicated...
If its a renix issue... hit it with a hammer.
If its an HO issue... use a bigger hammer.
If its suspension... use a prybar.
if its electrical... remove it, you don't need it anyways.
if its axle or t-case... keep driving it till its done being broken.

XbajajeepX
August 28th, 2008, 20:50
Is the cat converter in front of the muffler supposed to have an O2 sensor in it? Mine doesn't and I wasn't sure if it supposed to.... Oh yeah, it's an 01 by the way...

haha might as well ask a tech question.... I'm being serious...

mikedashg
August 28th, 2008, 20:53

Yeah, the problem is, the people with the big delete/move buttons aren't up for having Tech here if they can see no reason for it to be in here. They also don't want posting links to threads in Tech.

I think it's gotta be ONE or the OTHER. Either every single tech question can be posted in here, no matter how much it should be in tech. OR keep Tech to Tech, but allow a link in SoCal because we actually know a thing or two compared to the NAXJA masses who surf tech. :D :shhh:

My advise, keep posting tech in here if you want, but try and make it SoCal worthy. Like "is there a LOCAL place you guys buy these tail lights? AND/OR can I get them online?" tee hee

xjjeeper19
August 28th, 2008, 21:05
My opinion on this.....

Socal is very different that the rest of the nation, problems that we have here are different then they have else where: smog laws, OHV stuff, and other things. If I ask a tech question (and that's a big IF) I would prefer someone that lives n the same kind of climate/road conditions answers my question. I don't need to read through post after post of people replying from way up north, back east, or the south telling me there opinion on my problem. I don't like posting in the tech forums, because half the time i get stupid responses, or I reply to a question someone has and they don't want to belive my answer. I keep my "tech" to myself, I will help you out if you're local, but that's about it.

Plus I would be willing to bet that the Socal chapter has some of the best Jeep techs around....

turpehar
August 28th, 2008, 21:11
I don't get all this nonsense,,,, but I'm from Illinois:jester:

BajaCurt
August 28th, 2008, 21:36

That is EXACTLY our point

BajaCurt
August 28th, 2008, 21:38
Yeah, the problem is, the people with the big delete/move buttons aren't up for having Tech here if they can see no reason for it to be in here. They also don't want posting links to threads in Tech.

I think it's gotta be ONE or the OTHER. Either every single tech question can be posted in here, no matter how much it should be in tech. OR keep Tech to Tech, but allow a link in SoCal because we actually know a thing or two compared to the NAXJA masses who surf tech. :D :shhh:

My advise, keep posting tech in here if you want, but try and make it SoCal worthy. Like "is there a LOCAL place you guys buy these tail lights? AND/OR can I get them online?" tee hee

Well said Mr Dashman

Oh and thank you Andy for starting another one LOL

crazyjim
August 28th, 2008, 22:50
Genius, indeed!!
And... the individuals we trust, are all the individuals in socal chapter...

I'm not sure I can spell it out any easier for you.

karstic
August 28th, 2008, 22:52
Funny thing is the guy that posted up with the right picture was from Iowa or some other godforsaken midwest state.

I'm sure he cruises the SoCal forum all the time...

Go figure:dunno:

silverslk
August 28th, 2008, 22:55
Oh and thank you Andy for starting another one LOL

No problem. I'll be here all week. haha:peace:

BajaCurt
August 29th, 2008, 00:07
Funny thing is the guy was from Iowa or some other godforsaken midwest state.

Hey now I resemble that remark :)
And Iowa is a great place to be FROM you just gotta get outta there ASAP lol

GSequoia
August 29th, 2008, 02:04
Funny thing is the guy that posted up with the right picture was from Iowa or some other godforsaken midwest state.

I'm sure he cruises the SoCal forum all the time...

Go figure:dunno:

I believe that is what Grimmyboy would call a "snap."

GrimmJeeper
August 29th, 2008, 07:01
I believe that is what Grimmyboy would call a "snap." who me? :eyes:

damn i missed one :bawl:

djblade311
August 29th, 2008, 08:10

I get it AND i'm originally from Illinois