• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C no cool under accel.

00Classic

NAXJA Forum User
I have recently noticed that when I accelerate I loose my A/C. After diving a while it will come back. It only happens when I take off from a stop while giving it a decent amount of throttle. It does not do it every time. What could I begin to check.

Two years ago I had the evap core replaced along with the receiver/dryer and liquid line and it has never been the same since. Just won't cool like it did before the repair.

Thanks,

Most likely a vacuum leak in your HVAC system. The vac reservoir can hold vacuum (and should) while accelerating but if there's a leak, and this sounds like a small leak, it'll default to your defrost vents.

The next time it does this stick your hand up by the defrost vents and see if it's blowing cold air there. If so that'd be a small vac leak in the lines running from your vac reservoir(ball). The lines run along the top of the passenger side fender and take a dive under your battery tray to the reservoir behind the front bumper. That's usually the place that the lines are either cracked or corroded. If you look and look and still can't find the leak just replace those vac lines (they're cheap) for extra good measure.

check for vacum hoses off. the ac/heater is controled by a modum with uses vacum to open an close doors,water valve to the heater an just about ever thing else. under acceleration see if the ac switches to coming out the defroster vents, if it does its a
vacum problem

Also many electronic engine controls will switch the A/C compressor off momentary when a certain % of throttle is requested in an effort to allow more power for propulsion.

As for the repair 2 years ago, perhaps the system is a bit low on refrigerant.

It never blows out the defrost vents. The air coming out of the dash vents just get warm. Never changes position. Also have hooked up a set of guages and the levels were correct.

Last edited:
Windsors03Cobra said:
Also many electronic engine controls will switch the A/C compressor off momentary when a certain % of throttle is requested in an effort to allow more power for propulsion..

Renix does this!

Back