• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

It's alive!!!

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Finally! My XJ is back on the road. I had it running a couple of weeks ago but still had a few problems. I missed the M&G last night because I had to get the XJ working. I am selling the TJ tomorrow and need the XJ.

Anyways, thanks to a certain mythical Jeep God, my PCM was reset, radiator was burped (cool funnel tool), and a relay was replaced. I also regapped the spark plugs. We drove it for a little while and let it run for over half an hour with no over heating or other issues. Except the aux fan stays on for a long time. I have to check some ground wires, but it runs.

The new steering is fantastic! I removed the 1-ton and installed a Currie. BIG DIFFERENCE! Nice and tight... like a :gag:

I have to get it smogged and do a few minor things to get it off-road ready, but those are easy: UCA bushings, ballance front driveshaft, brakes, check unit bearings & carrier bearings (noise from the front axle).

I wanted to thank all of the folks that helped me over the past few months. I truly appreciate it and hope to repay you guys somehow.

Of course a big thanks to MJR for his help, tools, and knowledge!@

Ryno XJ said:
Sweet!!! Glad it's back on the road. Now you have 1 less excuse to miss a M&G!!! LOL!!!

No kidding!!

Clean-RC said:
Right on Robert... It has to be a good feeling to drive the xj once again..

I know you understand!

nice! Now are you going to Moab?

I too am getting front axle and tcase noise. if its the carrier bearings again, I'll be pissed.

wait, uca bushings are easy?

djblade311 said:
they are if you use a ball joint tool.

I did

they weren't.

djblade311 said:
nice! Now are you going to Moab?

Unfortunately not. The whole being unemployed for 4 months didn't help. I had the time approved off with the new employer but I woudl not get paid for it. That plus other financial restraints impacted my $1500 dollar budget - you know a blown head cost lot, even doing the work in my garage. I am some were around $700 for the everything (including smog, fluids, radiator, and few other things).

I really wanted to go, especially this year. If I win the lottery between now and then I will be there!

Back