• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

radiator replacement

markg

NAXJA Forum User
my 91 chero w the 4.0 needs the rad replaced.autozone has it in stock for 129. is there anything with a little more cooling efficiency that i should consider or is the zone one ok?

I just got the autozone one. If you decide to get one, look around for the same thing at a cheap ass price online and bring it to them, they price match anything. The swap is straight forward, just watch your trans lines on the drivers side (if you have auto) there are little quick disconnets that can cause problems.

You didn't list any on going overheating problem. So unless you intend to place a much heavier load on the coolant system in the future? I (IMO) see any upgrade as a waist of money.

Isn't The AutoZone rad aluminum with plastic tanks? If so they are a pos. You should go all metal, Brass or aluminum. Its not about cooling capacity so much as durability.If it's all metal ignore this post!

Goto his ebay store... he has a TON of all aluminum rads for all sorts of vehicles at great prices.

Mine was a 2 core rad and all aluminum for $180 by the time it got to my door was very very reasonable considering an equivalent rad up here (in canada) was going to set me back about $450-500.

Radiatorbarn.com or DPGoffroad both have a reuptation here for good service. They carry decent quality CSF brand that are all metal. The decent 2-row I believe is $135 shipped. Note that some cheap 3-row rads are thinner than a decent 2-row.

x2 on radiatorbarn.com Got the CSF 3 core(I DID have a cooling problem). It dropped right in no worries. One difference was that the lower transmission connection is w a soldered in pipe fitting so when you pull the stock radiator you just have to disconnect the hose from the stock fitting and connect it to the permanenet fitting on the CSF. That was the only difference and now I have NO cooling problem here in the AZ desert(even with A/C, YEA!

Back