• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Comanche? Pick up?

same as an xj

Unless he was referring to the Jeep Comanche Custom, which was only offered in 1986.

:dunno:

He said "on here" so I assume he means modified one's...

I tailed a comanche through a parking lot just to follow it today, only because I would gladly sell most of my possessions for one! It was in okay shape, with no turn lights apparently... and it was the same color as my XJ!

Ah I want one so bad...

My Comanche Pioneer with 5'' on 33's.

IMGP2729-1.jpg

Great vehicle, exact same as a XJ from the rear of the cab foreward.

A comanche is basically the Ranchero ( or El Camino for you Sh!t-by guys) Falcon (or chevelle) with a truck bed. MJ is an XJ with a truck bed.

85xj4dr said:
My Comanche Pioneer with 5'' on 33's.

IMGP2729-1.jpg

Great vehicle, exact same as a XJ from the rear of the cab foreward.

A comanche is basically the Ranchero ( or El Camino for you Sh!t-by guys) Falcon (or chevelle) with a truck bed. MJ is an XJ with a truck bed.

AH, I still want one so bad!

And what the heck is that last sentence about?

85xj4dr said:
As you can tell, I am not by any means a Chebby guy. I have friends that are Chebby guys, and I respect them, But I'll never own one. Ford for life.

That's funny - I don't trust a Ford I didn't build...

The oddest "pickup" variation I've seen? A body man who had taken a Jag XK12 and chopped the back. Did it up like an ElCo/Ranchero. One of the strangest things I've ever seen - and that's going some!

(Honda 600 shortened 18" and removable hardtop for a runabout. Guy had a Greyhound bus he'd converted into an RV. Stowed the runabout in the centre luggage compartment.

(Yugo GV made into a lowrider - full graphics, tinted windows, actually a decent and well-balanced stereo setup. But, it's a Yugo - polish a turd, it's still a turd!

(Motorcycle for a guy in a wheelchair. Had a flatbed sidecar arrangement, and a bellcrank linkage for the handlebars. Moved the controls over as well, and made hand controls for the feet pedals. Did rather a decent job - I ended up talking to him at length about it!)

5-90 said:
(Yugo GV made into a lowrider - full graphics, tinted windows, actually a decent and well-balanced stereo setup. But, it's a Yugo - polish a turd, it's still a turd!

How well did the body stand up to the stereo?
I've heard horror stories about how weak the metal was.

5-90 said:
(Motorcycle for a guy in a wheelchair. Had a flatbed sidecar arrangement, and a bellcrank linkage for the handlebars. Moved the controls over as well, and made hand controls for the feet pedals. Did rather a decent job - I ended up talking to him at length about it!)

Had a blue one that ran around here when I was young, sounds like the same set up.

Soooooo to answer the doods question, the Comanche, commonly referred to aas an "MJ", to follow the Jeep vernacular, was a production vehicle made to try and fill a market demand. It is almost identical to a cherokee except for the body design. Same engines, transmissions, most interiors, all that. from the seats- back is a bed. Thats about it.

from the front doors forward is virtually identical....floor pans are totally different so the seats are not "bolt-in" but can be modded to fit as i did...the MJ is SUA as the XJ is SOA and the "frame" on an MJ has more reinforments than and XJ does

Back