• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to forum and Jeeps - Shocks question.

r00

NAXJA Forum User
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I just recently purchased a 1996 XJ with 65K miles for $2,000. I thought it was deal so I went for it and spent the rest of my money on lift and wheels.

Well my RE3.5 Super ride finally came in yesterday and I read the instructions and it says I'm going to need longer shocks. I had no idea about this and now I'm not sure what to buy. What size shocks should I get for a 3.5" inch? Something cheap would be nice, I'm not really going to be offroading, I just got the lift to fit 32x11.5 tires under my jeep. I really want to get this lift on tomorrow.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks guys, but isn't there a specific size im going to need? Like a 14"/24" or something? I don't know much about jeeeps and I didn't plan on buying new shocks.

r00 said:
Thanks guys, but isn't there a specific size im going to need? Like a 14"/24" or something? I don't know much about jeeeps and I didn't plan on buying new shocks.

Search online or go to your local 4WD shop, call/search on or tell them your situation, and they should be able to get you the right length shock. :thumbup:

yeah, you what the piston to ride in the middle of the shock

Back