• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone using the High Flow Hesco water pump?

IMPRZV1

NAXJA Forum User
I think that it is time to replace my water pump (105,000 miles). I was thinking of upgrading to the Hesco high flow water pump but it is about $100 more then a standard replacement. They claim 6hp and 2 lbft of torque which would be nice to free up a little horsepower. I think that I might go with an electric fan to replace the mechanical one as well.
I do not drive the Jeep that much at all, mostly just the wheeler. But a few extra ponies would be nice.

The question:
Has anyone purchased this? Do you think it is worth the money?

My Jeep:
D30 and 8.8, 4.56 gears, 35" Mud Terrains, NP241, AFE intake and cat back

Mine's got a Flowkooler pump and 180 degree Robert Shaw thermostat. When I go wheeling I pop in the Jet Stage II module for a little extra grunt. This setup went in with a new radiator so there was no flow issue. With the pump and t-stat you have to run at least mid-grade gas, IIRC. The regular stuff just doesn't cut it. I always run the highest grade since it doesn't get driven very often.

With the pump and t-stat you have to run at least mid-grade gas, IIRC. The regular stuff just doesn't cut it. I always run the highest grade since it doesn't get driven very often.

?

Back