• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad popping noise...

89cherokeexj

NAXJA Forum User
well I have been hearing the noise for about a week now. All of the sudden today it got extremely worse. It seems that the trac bar bracket is popping. when turning the wheel side to side I can watch the mount flex. It doesn't do it all th time though, it makes the sound randomly but ti does not sound good at all. Could my trac bar bracket be junk??? I have the 4.5" lift up front with adjustable trac bar. Just seems wierd to me that it would do that, and how bad it got soo fast, just curious if someone else has had this problem or am I just misdiagnosing...

Going to go outside and check everything right now, hopefully I can come up with something, otherwise I just dont know, any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

Check the bolts on your mount into the body. I had one weldnut crack loose. It flexed just enough make a big POP. Once I welded it back down, no problems.

the hole in the inside of the mount on the axle has a tendency to wear out and go egg-shaped.. the noise is likely the bolt slipping back and forth in the bracket. even if it's tight, it will pop back and forth if the hole isnt round anymore..

Back