• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

code 41

swany

NAXJA Forum User
ok today luck me got a trouble code well a couple codes to be honest. they went like this 12 13 41 55. looking at the book 12 is battery disconnected 13 is map sensor and 41 is alternator field not switching properly. i kinda understand the map one cause i replaced the grounding strip from the firewall to the block and knocked the vacume line off in the prosses which was the cause of the jeep not idleing. the one i dont understand is the 41 alternator one. my volts read about 14 the whole time i am driving, i thought this was good. i need some help please.

it may just be a bad code. but the factory gadge is a liar. its never right. get a digital volt meter and measure across battery ~12.4 if off. ~13.6 on.

took the jeep to auto zone and tested the alternator and it has a bad diode but it is trying to over charge the battery so i can still drive it, strange. so it is parked for now. those things cost 115 bucks!!

Back