PDA

View Full Version : replacing RE leaf bushings this weekend (08-30 or 08-31)

silverslk
August 25th, 2008, 15:01
I might try to change out my RE leaf bushings this coming weekend. Anyone ever done it? I tried searching but didn't find much help. Do I need a press? I saw one guy beat them out with a block of wood, would that work ok? Should I just pull the leafs and take them somewhere? Anyone wanna help? Can it be done on the jeep (my guess is no, but you never know the tricks)? Its only one front one that needs replacing but since I have a set I figured I should do them all.

Thanks,
Andy

willy51
August 25th, 2008, 17:09
i have a ball joint press that could do the job. I will be at my shop in LA if you want to come by and take a crack at it.

Jump This
August 25th, 2008, 18:41
STop your pathetic sniveling (did I spell sniveling right?)
Pull the mother farkers off and beat the crap out of them until they submit!

Or bring them over to someone who owns a press and push them out...

Like you hadto ask...

silverslk
August 25th, 2008, 18:58
Thanks Rick!!! haha

I read on here about freezing the bushings. Any idea on that? Waste of time or good idea?

GrimmJeeper
August 25th, 2008, 19:03
i have a press Andy, bring em by my shop any day.

socal billl
August 25th, 2008, 19:05
I can help you this weekend.

Jump This
August 25th, 2008, 20:01
Thanks Rick!!! haha

I read on here about freezing the bushings. Any idea on that? Waste of time or good idea?

Like someone who lives in Borrego Springs knows anything about freezin'?

:twak:

silverslk
August 25th, 2008, 20:27
Like someone who lives in Borrego Springs knows anything about freezin'?

:twak:

You should. Its called a FREEZER, its the compartment above the box you put your beer in to keep it from boiling out there. :laugh3:

Jump This
August 26th, 2008, 12:12
You should. Its called a FREEZER, its the compartment above the box you put your beer in to keep it from boiling out there. :laugh3:

OHhh that thing!

It is the place my wife stashes a couple of beers for me for the 'Friday after work thing.'