• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Centercap ideas

Paint them the same color as your Jeep.

if theyre that special...itll rustproof them, and you can pick the color you like. idk dip them in rubber like the stuff you put on your plier handles.they might not fit as well though...stoopid me, it was kinda a joke too. =]

Last edited:
Erm, if they're rusting, then they're steel. I don't think steel can be anno'd (but I've been wrong before...)

Perhaps a Parkerise or a powdercoat may be in order? You can get Parkerising kits from Brownell's, and a powdercoat should be fairly cheap (since they can be snuck in with another job. They're not going to take up the whole oven...)

5-90

get a new set and hurculine them.

or just run without them.

I can't believe I'm posting here...

Clean them up and keep running them. If you like stuff that looks good, then you've gotta maintain the shine. I've got the standard shiny ones. I like them.

passxj said:
I can't believe I'm posting here...

Clean them up and keep running them. If you like stuff that looks good, then you've gotta maintain the shine. I've got the standard shiny ones. I like them.

got a laugh outta that post....lol

good input on the subject though............hehe.........

5-90 said:
Erm, if they're rusting, then they're steel. I don't think steel can be anno'd (but I've been wrong before...)

Perhaps a Parkerise or a powdercoat may be in order? You can get Parkerising kits from Brownell's, and a powdercoat should be fairly cheap (since they can be snuck in with another job. They're not going to take up the whole oven...)

5-90

Correct, you can't anodize steel or stainless. You can certainly plate steel though. Here's a decent FAQ on anodizing. http://www.anodizing.org/faqs.html

yeah, and aluminum doesnt rust, again, stoopid me, i have alloys. i put a "=]" just jokin! =D ...

...next week on pimp my center caps... =D

Back