• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

white spray paint?!

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
alright, well i cant post in the paint and body work section so im posting here. i have a white xj, i dont know whats the shade or name of white. and i need to know what type of white (spray paint) would match the best to the factory white? im thinking plain gloss white should work great.

Try asking in OEM tech.

Do a search on the net for your paint code location and match it up to some Dupli-color or the dealer sells touch up paint.

I use semi gloss white on mine, and it matches pretty well. However its never washed, so Im not sure if it actually matches up, or its just close.

The dealer can tell you by your VIN number what color code your paint is. Call the parts department and they should take care of you.

I was a body man for many years and white is the hardest color to match. If you are picky get the right color code. You'll be shocked at how many different whites there are on Jeeps. If you aren't real picky remove your gas door & take it with you when buy paint. It'll be a big help.

www.paintscratch.com - has info on where to find your paint color code and what the proper name is. With the code, any local body shop supply place can mix as much paint as you need. They can even put your paint into standard rattle cans.

Check the tag on the rear edge of the driver's door, I think it's listed as PNT or Pnt Code. Anyway, it's at the bottom, and will likely be a 3 digit code. I did some hunting, and found large aerosol cans on Ebay, and one online retailer that still has my color in stock, and can also match your paint and put it in an aerosol can too, although that's a good bit more expensive. I've heard there are quite a few paint shops who can do that, but I haven't had any luck around here so far.

hubs97xj said:
I've heard there are quite a few paint shops who can do that, but I haven't had any luck around here so far.

Most NAPA's can do that. JIM.

Back