• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clutch compatibility?

Give it some time - most of us don't have access or time when we're at work (I work at home, I just need to see the thing...)

The BA-10 and AX-15 both have 1-1/8"-10 input shafts, and I believe the NV3550 does as well. The clutch friction therefore probably has not changed (I do know that the BA-10 and AX-15 use the same friction.)

The half-assed "concentric slave cylinder" (or whatever they call it...) for the Peugeot will work with the "internal" AX-15 - but if you want to go with the AX-15 style, you'll have to swap the master as well, since they used a different connector when they changed over (instead of 1/4" SAE flared, it's some whacked quick-connect.) If you get an "external" AX-15, the friction parts will still be the same - but you'll have to change hydraulics entirely.

It's likely that the NV3550 uses the same clutch as the "external" AX-15, as they do share a common bellhousing. However, I haven't verified this yet.

NB: When you swap to the AX-15, measure the pilot. If it's ~.590", you can continue to use the pilot bearing/bushing for the BA-10. If it's larger, you'll need to change that out (but you can still use the same clutch) - IIRC, the pilot bearing/bushing for the 1970's CJ with the V8-304 and three-speed should work, but that's detailed in a thread elsewhere here ("Let this be THE BA-10 to AX-15 swap thread", or something like that. I haven't time to look for it myself at the moment, but quite a bit has been detailed in there.)

The link to their catalogue is a bit silly - probably because of the "Live Catalog" they're on about. I'll check it out later - I've got some things to do that are time-sensitive...

Back