• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 door rear glass

DIKASUN

NAXJA Forum User
well, i woke up this morning and my passenger side rear window has been broken out. no clue what happened. my question is how expensive is that glass, and how hard is it to put in?

84/96 are held in by a rubber gasket, I'm not sure about the 97 & later but they might be different, maybe a glue in type. You should be able to find one in a wrecking yard unless you have privacy or bronze tint. That stuff is rare in 2 doors. $15 to $45, any more is too much money. It just needs to be 2 door XJ 84/96 & it might even fit all the way up to 01. If 97 up is a glue in type it's still pretty simple. Do an advanced search & there should be threads with clear simple directions.There are a lot of changes in the tint over the years, but it is just a jeep so don't sweat that.

Did this to my friends 98 jeep XJ late week , Cost of window $50 U-pull-it or $100 New. About 30mins to replace. But I paid about $180 to have my jeep window replace 1/2 year ago at a wndow shop. The window is hold in with two bolts under the glass

Last edited:
Back