• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got my "new" XJ, need links to stuff......

cherokee4fun

NAXJA Forum User
So, I got my '89, and noticed a few things I have never had to do on my other XJ, could use some advice.

1. The shift bezel shield is gone, is there a source for that? The dealer says I need to order the whole bezel, for over $100? I thought you could change just the shield. How do I remove the AT gear handle?

2. The driver side wing window lock/handle is loose. Is there a way to disassemble that? Is there a link to that?

3. The wiper switch works fine when I put it on the regular and high speed, but does not work in the adjustable level. IS this the motor or the switch?

Thanks so much for all your help!!!!

some help please

sorry to bother you , I am new to this forum I am a member also , have 94 XJ 4.0 4wd, how do I post a new thread or post a question, ?thank you for any help that you can give me

German996

Not sure about which part you are looking for but Team Cherokee has a bezel for $60:

http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/parts/XJ_Parts/Interior/more2.html

Handle pulls straight up with just a friction fit, assuming all earlier years are the same. There is a recent thread describing the rigors associated with removing same.

Wiper: Probably neither -- there is a module attached with velcro to the lower part of the dash just above your left leg that controls the intermittent wiper function. Available various places. I got one off eBay for something over $30.

I think you have to have so many posts before you can start a new thread. Don't know for sure though. Otherwise, you just enter the section related to you topic and click the "New Thread" button in the upper left.

I might have a bezel you can have for shipping. It's labeled for Select-Track(2WD, N, 4FULL-TIME, 4-HI, 4LO). Let me look when I get home, and I'll PM you.

Back